What's new

The Beatles Anthology DVD. (1 Viewer)

norman j

Agent
I wish I never bought the original tapes. They were expensive at the time, but this extra stuff sounds too good to miss.

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
I know this is a stupid question but....

Is the Free as a Bird & Real Love (Ver. 1) videos on this set?

Andrew

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
A friend also mention by ordering through Amazon.ca with a coupon code it was under $50 USD, though the ship date he spoke of would delay shipping time to him by 10 days from Canada!

Are there any B&M that will discount this even more on opening day?

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Mark, I seriously doubt "Hey Bulldog" will be in the set as it's already on the MGM disc of YELLOW SUBMARINE. That's a great disc, if you love the Beatles. It's not anamorphic, but it still looks and sounds mighty fine. I listen to the isolated 5.1 track all the time.

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
Brian, Mark was referring to the promotional video for "Hey Bulldog", not the audio track.

I'm wondering why some of the promo videos from 90's Anthology period are not being mentioned in the Press Release? Maybe it could be on there anyways as an Easter Egg bonus!

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Thanks Paul. I was referring to the promotional video for "Hey Bulldog". I was actually suprised that the VH-1 Yellow Submarine special is not on the Yellow Submarine DVD. I'm glad I taped it when I did.

Anyway, anyone seen any reviews for this set yet. Probably too early, huh?

Danny_N

Second Unit
Real Name
Danny
Does anybody now about possible subtitle tracks in this release?
Bought it in Holland today. It's R0 and has German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portugese and Brazilian Portugese subtitles. Don't know if this will be the same worldwide though.

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Hey Danny, how is the picture and sound? Can you post some screen captures of the Menus? How is the bonus stuff on the last disk?

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'm dissapointed that it doesn't appear that there are any Easter Eggs, but I am still looking forward to having this on disc (my LD player broke down long ago).

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Drat. I was hoping that the "Hey Bulldog" promotional video that was shown during the VH-1 Yellow Submarine Special would make it onto the Anthology as an Easter Egg somewhere. I still can't believe that this fantastic documentary didn't make it onto the Yellow Submarine DVD. Perhaps someday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks