What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

TCM/Sony: The Lady From Shanghai (Blu-ray/DVD combo) (1 Viewer)

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Yeah, but don't do it right now, the dude I talked to had no idea what I was talking about. So hopefully the program will get under way in the next day or so. He didn't want to send out something before it was official for him so I didn't end up getting the same one I was sending back. But yeah, he had no idea. One thing we did notice, we couldn't access the description for the old one on the TCM Shop site, neither the CS agent nor I, so they must be updating stuff at this hour.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
rayman1701 said:
Yeah, but don't do it right now, the dude I talked to had no idea what I was talking about. So hopefully the program will get under way in the next day or so. He didn't want to send out something before it was official for him so I didn't end up getting the same one I was sending back. But yeah, he had no idea.One thing we did notice, we couldn't access the description for the old one on the TCM Shop site, neither the CS agent nor I, so they must be updating stuff at this hour.
the description is back up on TCM Shop.....simply says "New Version" with no other details or description of what makes it "New"

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
got the return mail label in my email ,doesn't say TCM Shop at all on it ,anyway really glad that they are offering a replacement

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
That was so much easier once the info finally got to the CS agents. Got my label on the way now and it went very quick. Would have been nice if they'd gotten it right the first time, but kudos for them to do the exchange with the "corrected" version.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Kudos to TCM.....I called and emailed and the return label etc was sitting in my inbox when I got home. Packed up the earlier version and it will go in the mail tomorrow. I put a copy of the exchange email in the package just to be safe.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow, thanks for the news! I just called TCM and told them I was calling about the Exchange program for this disc, and they knew what I was talking about and said I would be receiving a return label. I am glad this got straightened out.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Me too...Customer Service was nice and friendly and will send back the old one tomorrow. By the way there was talk late last year another Welles movie "The Trial" would be released on blu-ray by Kino but so far nothing yet so i hope that will happen soon.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I also get to exchange mine even though I bought the original release when it came out. I also received the Movies Unlimited *Lady* and it does come in a clear blu ray case and all the new bells and whistles...Im happy :)

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
The customer service reps are well aware of it now. When I called this morning and mentioned "The Lady", Shelly immediately knew I was asking about the exchange program and proceeded to set up the label process, although she said it could be 24 hours before I receive the e-mail.

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller
haineshisway said:
The Trial IS out on Blu-ray in a gorgeous transfer.
You got me really excited for a second. The Trial is one of my top 100 movies. The Blu-Ray is region B locked.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
haineshisway said:
The Trial IS out on Blu-ray in a gorgeous transfer.
Yeap..in a region B blu-ray from Studo Cannal and i have it and it is a very nice transfer but it would be nice to have a region A release too.

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
The Lady From Shanghai new version arrived this morning: clear blu-ray case with slip.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks