What's new

Star Trek - Nemesis (1 Viewer)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Count me in as some who likes all 4 TNG movies. I like Generations just a hair more than First Contact. Nemesis was good, but felt unfinished to me. Still enjoyable though. I like Insurrection more each time I see it. I don't consider myself a diehard trekker, but I have seen every episode of TNG in the past 3 months on DVD.

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
So is it a "fatty" case or not. I ask because I just saw a Nemesis commercial and the case looked like a fatty 2-disc case.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
it is a single disc, standard case.

yes, I did notice Bryan Singer! why would he do it - big fan?

I noticed Dina Meyer :D

if you want action, get it!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Nemesis has some good action and great effects, but it has a weak villain, Shinzon, and the whole thing is just too gloomy, it's the least of the Next Gen films in my opinion.

Insurrection seems like a whole lot more fun after seeing this one, and an underrated entry in the Trek series, F.Murray Abraham was an enjoyably over-the-top villain.

The superb 'First Contact' remains my favorite Next Gen movie.

ps.X2 director Bryan Singer can be spotted as a crew member at about 83mins in.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I cannot wait to own this next week. This, is the best of TNG movie line-up, Generations coming in 2nd, followed by First Contact and taking last place...Insurrection.

Peace Out~:D

T r o y

Supporting Actor
DVD File was pretty impressed with it's video quality. They gave it a full bar on their scale rating. I'd like to check this one out just for the reported video quality impressions. Reference is what I'm reading.

Also, the audio didn't do too bad either.

I'll rent first then decide.

Later!

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised at the praise for Generations here. As a member of the TrekBBS, Generations is considered the bastard child of the TNG movies and almost ranks right up there with Star Trek V amongst Trekkies.

Brad M

Second Unit
Anyone think Bryan Singer was just keeping a close eye on Patrick Stewart? Making sure he signed the contract to be in X2? :D

Maybe he's a big enough fan to do a Trek film. :emoji_thumbsup:

Glennica

Agent
Why does this release not include a text trivia track? That feature is the main reason that I have repurchased Treks 2, 3 and 4. Is there a better DVD edition of Nemesis waiting in the wings?

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a better DVD edition of Nemesis waiting in the wings?
Do tribbles multiply? :D

I'd bet good money that there will be a two-disc "Special Collector's Edition" of Nemesis at some point down the road. They appear to be doing the entire movie series over in order.

Brian Sallot

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Warning Spoilers may be contained in this posting.
Here is my 2 cents on this film.

I seen this film at the theater and to be honest was very let down. Was it the worst film in the series? well in my opinion it maybe was not the worst but the least original. It seemed to lift the best scenes from the other (and better) Star Trek films in the series to make a best of Star trek but acted out with a different cast. Spock dying and comming back to life (Star Trek 2 & 3), Data dying and comming back to Life (Nemesis, Data transfered all of his experiances to the other android durring the film which leaves a big opening for Data's personality to return if they ever make another). Kirk having a mid-life crisis (Star Trek 2 thinking he is old) Picard having a mid-life crisis (Acting more like Kirk, taking risks that picard normaly would never do, The vehicle Chase is a good example) To me Picard did not seem like well, Picard So I figured he must also be having a mid-life crisis. Khan was a bad guy that chewed up every scene he was in, Schinzon well seemed to well Just appear in every scene he was in ( a very weak foe for Picard).

I guess I was looking for something Original instead of lifted from another film. There were parts I enjoyed but overall I would rate this one rather low. I do not blame the Director, writer and Cast I blame a producer that is ignoring everything Roddenberry created and trying to make it into something it is not.

The producer ignored much of the Back story of the Trek universe with Enterprise and that Show is on Life Support as they have alienated the audience that would normally watch. Star Trek has the potential to be great or at least good again if they get the right creative force behind it. It has been reported that the Borg will Appear on Enterprise in the Finally, I myself have not watched the show since the first 3 episodes aired but if this is true he once again ignores the fact that the Best TNG episodes were Borg episodes and up until that point it was mentioned that the Borg never encountered humans until th 24th century. Ok I am done with my ranting and before anyone starts arguing with my post just remember I am not flaming this is just one mans opinion.

Tim Mauldin

Stunt Coordinator
It has been reported that the Borg will Appear on Enterprise in the Finally
Berman thinks that the Borg can cure all ills, they tried that on Voyager too. I treat Enterprise as though it dosen't exist anyway. As far as I'm concerned Jim KirkChristopher Pike commanded the first Enterprise.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'll say this much: Necrosis had one of the best trailers ever made for a Star Trek film. I wish the guy making the trailer had made the film.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I dunno John, Necrosis sounds a lot scarier than the wimpy title they next came up with, Nemesissy, which eventually got shortened to Nemesis in case people got confused. :D

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
I have a question, how did you all get your copies of this movie before the release date? I am in Canada and the official release date is May 20th.

I missed it in the theater so I cannot wait to see it on my screen.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
how did you all get your copies of this movie before the release date?
In my case I had got an email from my region 1 retailer telling me it and other dvd titles were now in stock, and I quickly sent off for it, I could have pre-ordered and might have got it even earlier. Some companies get the latest dvds very early and flog them off, some don't, and some wait for the actual release date.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Why does this release not include a text trivia track?
I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't. I really enjoy those tracks on 1-4. However, seeing as Paramount is revisiting all the movies in sequential order, I suspect that we'll see a Special Edition/Director's Edition in a year or two. Doesn't bother me, just as long as THIS disc has good picture and audio, which from all the reviews I've seen so far, it does. :)

johnbr

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder what it was like with the 45min's that they cut out.Where is the DTS 24/96 or 6.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks