What's new
World Wide Stereo

Pro cables (1 Viewer)

Christpher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Morning,

Does anyone know of a tutorial on cables and such for pro audio equipment? I need to hook a BFD to the sub out of my receiver and a pro amp to the output of the BFD. I'm not sure what cables I'll need though, and didn't order any with the BFD and amp.

Thanks for any help.

-Chris

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
I dont know of any tutorial sorry. I can help with the BFD though. If you are using one channel of the BFD, you will need two RCA type coaxial cables. One going from the sub out on the receiver to a 1/4" male adapter like this . Then another 1/4" adapter out of the BFD to another RCA cable to the amp.

Check out http://www.snapbug.ws/bfd.htm

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Also, if the pro amp has a 1/4 inch input then you would only use that adaptor on the input side. The output of the BFD can get to the amp with a 1/4 cable (like an electric guitar cable)

Christpher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Guys,

Looks like I also have the option of using XLS cables between the BFD and the amp. Would there be any benefit to going that route?

-Chris

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
For this application there is no advantage to using the XLR connectors over 1/4”. RCA-to-XLR cables will be more difficult to find, and more expensive.

Do yourself a favor and forget those cheesy adapters. Get some pre-made 1/4” – RCA cables like these:

You can find them in the recording section of any guitar shop.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks