What's new

Advice for a Universal Remote (1 Viewer)

bocat

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
I am finally cutting the cable and going with Fios and You Tube tv. So I will be returning my Comcast remote. Any advice for purchasing a universal remote?
I have:
55" Smart Samsung
Denon AVR S760H
Apple TV
Panasonic and Sony Blu Rays ( which I hardly ever use)

I am looking at:

Insignia™ - 8-Device Backlit Universal Remote​

One For All Smart Control PRO 6​

TERK - 8-Device Remote​

Any advice would be most appreciated

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Personally, I continue to love going/sticking w/ a used/refurbed Harmony 650 or 665 for <=$50 or so -- and either should be plenty better than all 3 you're considering. I haven't checked in recent months, but last I checked earlier this year, they can still be fairly easily had off eBay for that price as before, which was why I hadn't bothered buying another extra/replacement so far.

The Harmony online remote programming still seems to be supported and working perfectly fine as usual even though Logitech has left the bizz (for new products, manufacturing, etc) for a couple years now -- I just reprogrammed my 665 to add a 2nd ATV4K+old AVR for my tiny home office setup, and no problems at all.

Obviously, that (reprogramming) aspect of their remotes won't last forever, but the remotes themselves should keep working just fine (for as long as they normally would) once you have everything set up on essentially permanent basis and not change anything (more)...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks