What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Paramount TV no fan of Blue Ray (1 Viewer)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
They don't even do Blue Rays when they do Complete sets,like the new MI set,why ?? Do they think their inflated high prices
would drive people away if they tried to add the standard 10 dollar mark up for Blue Ray
You wonder what their rip off plan is?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Peter Neski said:
They don't even do Blue Rays when they do Complete sets,like the new MI set,why ??
Because the DVD series set is more or less a repackage of all existing discs and costs them very little.
That being said, I'd like to see Paramount release Twin Peaks on Blu-ray.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
http://www.amazon.com/Mission-Impossible-The-Complete-Series/dp/B009DA74CK/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1350511211&sr=8-38&keywords=mission+impossible
not a repackage ,more dvds too

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Peter Neski said:
http://www.amazon.com/Mission-Impossible-The-Complete-Series/dp/B009DA74CK/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1350511211&sr=8-38&keywords=mission+impossible
not a repackage ,more dvds too
The packaging and one bonus disc are new but the first 55 discs in the set will be the same as the other sets.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Not by me. I'm a big proponent of BR as an abbreviation for that.
:)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
This thread outta be in the Tv on dvd forum. Anyway, Paramount doesn't necessarily have hi-def masters of everything to put on blu in the first place. Look what hell they're going through to get Star Trek TNG on blu. But at least they're doing it.
I have no idea what state the masters are in for Twin Peaks, Gunsmoke, Lucy, MI, the Spelling shows, etc. I would expect Lucy and Deep Space 9 next. Other than that, dvd may be the final format for the bulk of these shows.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
They can't even get the rest of FAMILY TIES on DVD. Forget Blu-ray -the title of this thread should read "Paramount is no fan of TV-on-DVD". I'm ready for my nitting :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by cineMANIAC /t/324538/paramount-tv-no-fan-of-blue-ray#post_3990330
They can't even get the rest of FAMILY TIES on DVD. Forget Blu-ray -the title of this thread should read "Paramount is no fan of TV-on-DVD". I'm ready for my nitting

You think that's bad? They have the entire series on Netflix, but they have the syndicated version of the last episode. I taped it when it aired, and it was about a 70 minute broadcast. Same thing happened with the last episode of Cheers when it hit DVD.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Is this release, in fact, from Paramount? I could swear they spun off their television product to CBS DVD (or something along those lines). It may have been just for Trek, but I think the real "culprit" here is CBS, not Paramount.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
Is this release, in fact, from Paramount?  I could swear they spun off their television product to CBS DVD (or something along those lines).  It may have been just for Trek, but I think the real "culprit" here is CBS, not Paramount.
You are correct. What was Paramount TV is now CBS film after Viacom split of CBS Inc. The releases are still from Paramount Home Video but they just release what CBS provides.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks