What's new

Official Oscar Nominations and Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

:laugh:

I laughed more at this than any joke Ellen has come up with.

I'm having a really hard time watching the show. The worst I've seen since I've been watching these things. If it weren't for Scorsese I'd probably be off doing something else.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Best Documentary.....Did anyone but Al Gore even bother to show up?

Agreed. I wonder if they will save Best Director for after Best Picture

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Finally...Eastwood for Morricone

This is simply an impossible montage to make. How do you cut musical clips together with so many highlights?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I guess I am easily amused, I am having a ball. I don't know what people expect from these things, expressing disappointment year after year...

For a show often pegged as predictable, there's been some pretty big upsets, which is awesome. And Ellen is fine.

--
H

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Not too fond of the lifetime achievement award presentation this year, where they gave Celine Dion time to sing a song based on Morricone's melody (for Malena I believe). A big point of awarding and honoring a composer or scores is to not let songs overshadow, but here we go again.

A few years ago, John Williams conducted a medley of memorable melodies from the movies. I think it would have been most rousing and time better spent if they had a medley with at least more than 25 of Morricone's scores represented. That would have brought the house down, but instead we get Celine Dion singing.

Someone kill me, kill me, over the Santaolalla winning two in a row. The nomination clip was NOT even written for the movie!

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member

...or A Fistful of Dynamite.

Heh, Hugh Jackman presenting the award for "Best Score"... Too bad he's not presenting it to Clint Mansell.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Anyone knows off hand which awards are left and in what order?

Yeah, funny how I never hear this sort of complaints when it's some rock band on stage.

--
H

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
The Ethridge song is the only song of the five not appearing in the movie (it's the typical end credits song). I don't dislike the song, but to me, songs in the context of the movie should have a presumed edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks