What's new

Official Oscar Nominations and Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

MikeRS

Screenwriter
For my money, the final battle in Ryan blows away the D-Day landing opening. Much more emotional, and even on a technical level, its dizzily exact choreography of anticipation and attack, is unmatched. We're talking master class editing here. The way Spielberg sustains it all - from the intimate to epic - just leaves me in awe.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Tsai
Not too fond of the lifetime achievement award presentation this year, where they gave Celine Dion time to sing a song based on Morricone's melody (for Malena I believe). A big point of awarding and honoring a composer or scores is to not let songs overshadow, but here we go again.

-Jason Adams-

Sorry to be so late, I'm only just now watching this part of the show.

The song Celine sang is titled, "I Knew I Loved You" (I think that was it, I'm certainly not rewinding to find out.)

The TUNE Celine was singing was Deborah's Theme (No, that wasn't really Jennifer's bottom)...from, as Jason said, OUATIA.

The lyrics were new. There was a vocal in the movie/soundtrack, but it was just vocalese.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks