What's new

The Official 2019 Oscars Nomination Announcements Discussions & Predictions Thread (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
How about that. And I did it twice in the same post (three if you count the abbreviation GR). Go figure.

green-room-movie-poster.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think you mean Green Book Mike.

Although Green Room was great too. ;)

And....I did this twice at work today while talking to co-workers about our experience (but at least caught myself right after I did it).

I think I've got a bit of a mental block on this for some reason.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Well I watched it.

Loved it.

Was really a good buddy road trip movie
about two people who learn a lot about the other guy and each other.

4/5 stars

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well I watched it.

Loved it.

Was really a good buddy road trip movie
about two people who learn a lot about the other guy and each other.

4/5 stars
I thought Green Mile was a prison movie.:D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
No. I saw the Oscar winner this year for best picture The Green Zone.
Tony Lip is a great character.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For all the whining, you'd think it was The Green Slime.

People are entitled to their opinion, of course, about what makes a "good" movie. But it really is too bad that Spike's badmouthing left such a bad taste about this movie for some people. I would hope the BP win elevates it above that scrap and does what a BP win usually achieves for a film and gets it in front of more eyes to see it.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
People are entitled to their opinion, of course, about what makes a "good" movie. But it really is too bad that Spike's badmouthing left such a bad taste about this movie for some people. I would hope the BP win elevates it above that scrap and does what a BP win usually achieves for a film and gets it in front of more eyes to see it.

I've said it before, but what's wrong with Tony's son telling his version of the story? The Shirley's are fine to tell theirs. And what's wrong with a good, simple entertaining tale about friendship bonding between races?

I had a script rejected recently because of this same backlash against perceptions of the 'white savior.' In my script a young gypsy woman saves a black man about to be lynched by the KKK in Ohio for sleeping with a white woman... in 1917. Sorry, but how else could it happen in that historical and dangerously-charged era or place? Am I not allowed to tell that story? Can only Spike Lee tell it? Hollywood got a little over-sensitive in the past couple years beyond logic or reason in their attempts to overcompensate on being PC and for lack of more diverse Oscar nominations. And some good stories are getting caught and sliced in the swing of that pendulum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks