What's new

Official 2023 Oscar Nominations And Discussions Thread (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I haven't (usually) been bothered by that (or similar) question myself (unless it's asked clearly out of malice, blatant prejudice, ridicule or the like)... and no, I'm probably not considered beautiful by most :lol: and definitely am not "brown" nor a woman (though I've certainly wondered on-and-off for a very long time how it'd feel like to be one... and somewhat oddly, have actually had recurring dreams of having a "brown" daughter many years ago)... :P:D:laugh: but yes, I do often get asked (though not usually quite so bluntly that exact question... well, probably because I'm in NYC at least 98% of the time other than during my early childhood and when I went away for college, heh)...

Actually, "funny aside", I have been momentarily mistaken for a woman (mostly from behind), LOL, when I've let my hair grow long enough over a decade or so in the past -- also happened maybe once or twice during the early part of the pandemic in (large?) part due to masking.

It's also amusing when I sometimes confuse "my own people" what I am (besides the woman thing), LOL -- well, actually, I'm not completely sure what my own people really should be (other than my personally chosen one that defies/transcends the typically assumed categories for such), LOL...

Anyhoo, it's also interesting that Oppy itself is predicated on a (albeit loosely) related issue (or two?) that runs throughout the film and would probably (at least somewhat) similarly interest similar kinds of Academy voters in the past, but maybe not quite nearly as much at this moment I guess...

_Man_

I like to confuse people because from confusion springs new ideas. So, you are on the right track. Plus I am always getting confused by the world and things people do. It's alright though, surprises keep things interesting.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
On 31 August I finally completed my viewing of all Oscar nominees and winners for the year 2022. Now on to 2023 (with fewer releases due to the strike)!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
We don't need a 2024 nominations thread until there are actual nominations to post. However, it does feel strange to continue using the 2023 nomination thread to discuss the 2024 awards season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks