What's new

NCAA Football 2007 Season (1 Viewer)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
It will be interesting to see if OU really pulls together after getting screwed over or if they will feel sorry for themselves and fall apart...

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

He was one of the guys I was paying attention to this year. He seems like a great guy, and an offensive genius type, but man, I'm very disappointed in him.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Wow. One of the refs in the O-Bowl is gonna work the Arizona-USC game. Be very afraid, Stoops.

"I'm just hoping for a Texas-Ohio State rematch in January."

Now, that is funny.

Dream on, Bradley.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to find out if that same PAC10 ref was the one that called Reggie Bush's "non-fumble" vs. UCLA a couple of years ago (when they were #1 and won 29-24). UCLA caused a fumble that their linebacker Havner was going to run back for a TD (he had a convoy), but the ref came in and blew the play dead ruling that Bush's forward progress had been stopped. But he had clearly not been stopped, in fact hardly been slowed down. If he hadn't fumbled I'm 100% sure the ref would have let him keep running, as he had been all day vs. UCLA. It was so obvious that the ref decided to blow his whistle after UCLA already had the ball and the convoy was running the other direction with the ball. That loss would have cost the PAC10 $13 million in BCS money...

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Hmm. Joe Paterno ran on and then off the field into the locker rooms before Penn State punted yet again.

Edit: When you gotta go, you gotta go. :)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Did anyone see the OSU interception return by Malcolm Jenkins for a touchdown? It looked like he spiked the ball just before he reached the end zone, and they even reviewed the play, but it could've just been to see if he went out of bounds before reaching the end zone. The commentators didn't talk about it, but it clearly looked like Jenkins had spiked the ball right before he reached the end zone. If the officials had caught that, would the ball have been down at the 1 (where it looked like he spiked the ball)?

Edit: I have indisputible evidence that Jenkins did not have possession in the end zone. See for yourself:

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/5/5d/htf_imgcache_1517.jpeg] [/url]

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/9/9f/htf_imgcache_1518.jpeg] [/url]

I'm as big of an OSU fan as anyone else, but I like my touchdowns fair. I cannot believe no one in the ABC booth or the replay booth caught that. Granted, it's a technicality, because he would have gotten the touchdown anyways had he not spiked the ball.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I thought he'd dropped the ball a little early. Thanks for the photos, Thomas. Who would have thought a college referee would get a call wrong. ;)

In the Michigan - Wisconsin game, the officials decided to repeal the face mask infraction. They missed three (two that should have gone against UM, one against Wisconsin), before finally calling one against the Badgers in the fourth quarter.

Who watched the 'Bama - Arkansas game? That was one of the ugliest OT games I can remember. Alabama's kicker missed three FG's (one in OT) and one PAT (in OT), all short kicks missed to the right. Meanwhile, Arkansas's freshman QB was hitting Tide defenders more regularly than his own receivers.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I was watching the OSU game and thought he spiked the ball early as well, but since they didn't mention it in the booth, I figured it was a moot point. If he did indeed let go early the ball went into the endzone and it would have been PSU's ball. Nice win for Michigan and State looks good against ND early on.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Yep those passes were just ridiculously poor. They were all into double coverage(or more) and not thrown well at all except the one directly to the other team with a defender in his face. You take a sack there.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
HOLY SHIT. I turned off the Notre Dame game before halftime and turned it back on to watch the SNL rerun to find that ND was up 40-37 with the final seconds ticking off the clock.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was worse, I turned it off after the first quarter and was so pissed I decided to watch some movies and cameback later to check the final score to see this result.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Wow! What a comeback by ND against MSU. I hope the players went into the locker room, grabbed a ND flag and ran back out to plant it midfield. :)

I almost turned it off when it was 37-21, but luckily decided to stay with it and was rewarded.

How the heck did Colorado lose to a Division 1-AA team and then hang with Georgia the entire game and actually be leading with 45 seconds left?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Wild day. Oklahoma got some vengence after last weeks screw job and really laid the wood to Middle Tennessee. Honestly, I think OU would have ran over a lot of teams.. even very good teams, today - they played like madmen.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Nebraska slaughtered their opponents almost as viciously as Oklahoma today.

I had the opposite experience with the Notre Dame game, after watching the second half the USC game (I was hiking earlier, beautiful day, red flag warning and all) and seeing us play excellent football the second half (can't say much for the almost no scoring first half, that was a stunner to tune into when the score popped up). The SC game ended and ABC ran the last five minutes of the NOtre Dame game, which was still going on. I was fixing stuff in the kitchen, came back to the couch, sat down and two seconds later saw the big interception and return. this was literally a split second after I thought, "all right! press' favorite team getting walloped again."

It was a helluva a finish to a game though.

Adam

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
ARG! I fell asleep when it was 37-27!!! I can't believe I missed it.

...and oh, boy, I'm going to be in for a long day at Notre Dame Stadium next weekend.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

It was more like a gift than a comeback. MSU made more stupid plays in one half than most teams make in a season. The Sparties gave the Irish a nice present, all wrapped up in a pretty bow.

The boneheaded plays included:
  • The coaching staff deciding to go into a shell after getting a big lead (should have learned from last year when MSU tried that and blew a big lead)
  • Killed a drive and 40 yards of field position with numerous penalties, resulting in ND's first 4th quarter TD
  • Kneeling down on a kick return deep in their own territory
  • Fumbling deep in their own territory after the kneel down, setting up ND's 2nd TD
  • Throwing a horrible pass that was intercepted and returned for ND's final TD

Expect MSU to fall apart again this season after this tough loss (they do this almost every season). This will be John L. Smith's last year as coach. He'll get the axe, and then Steve Mariucci can join his pal Tom Izzo in East Lansing next year as the new football coach.

Same ol' Sparties. :)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
:D - Brady completes the comeback this year with the help of D. Biggest screwup for MSU was probably the interference on Samardzija in the end zone prior to the second to last TD. The fumble was well earned.

RichardK

Second Unit

What makes me sick about the whole thing is that BQs 5TDs make it look like he was some kind of hero in the game. I'll give him the 1TD that got the score within a TD down,nice throw and catch... but other than that, he was a lost wet cat trying to play in the rain.

MSU, well, payback is a bitch aint it. That whole flag thing from last year now makes them look like a bunch of idiots the way they gave that game away last night. Yes, the one fumble ND caused was earned for sure, but everything else, thats all on MSU. For Stanton to try and complete that pass that was intercepted for the TD was flat out idiotic! The other stuff like the Kickoff kneel down and the interference were also frickin' signs of a team who had no clue how to close out this game.

A very anti-climactic ending to the game with the interception off the back of the receiver by ND. Crazy!

Anyhow, just to state my affiliation, I'm a Texas grad, but in grade school through the 10th grade I was a huge Michigan fan. Throughout my Michigan fandom, a hate and despite of Notre Dame grew and still burns inside me.
ND pulling out a win last night pisses me off to no end! arrgghhh!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks