What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

NCAA Football 2007 Season (1 Viewer)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
If and only IF Florida wins out they have to be at least number 2. We still have Auburn, LSU and Georgia to go. With D. Wynn out and day to day we'll see. We can't keep depending on Tim Teabow to run the ball.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Given that USC is racking up injured players faster than Mack Brown is earning frequent flyer miles to Hell, I have no predictions about how USC will end up faring this year. But it's good to know (quoted from ESPN) that:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Of course, that will not hold true for long for Notre Dame. Navy, Air Force and Army are all future opponents on the Irish schedule this year.

Overall, the advent of the BCS has resulted in weaker scheduling by the top teams. I know that Michigan's schedule, which used to be consistently one of the toughest in the country, has been noticably weaker the past several years. In the past, two of the three non-conference games were consistently against quality opponents. This year, even with a fourth non-conference game, Notre Dame was the only quality opponent.

Just another reason to hate the BCS (as if there were not enough already).

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Auburn goes down, USC is played hard to the last moments again and Oklahoma completely falls apart in the second half. and Florida wipes the floor with LSU

A very interesting day so far, bring on the Oregon/Cal and Missouri/Textech games

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
oh MY! that Mizzou game rocked the house here. Great football! damn near made me late to see Porgy and Bess.

GOOOOOOOOO TIGERS!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
After disposing state rival MSU, Michigan now has only two real threats standing between them and a match of unbeatens vs. Ohio State -- at Penn State this weekend and Iowa in Ann Arbor the following Saturday. The Wolverines should move up to at least #5 this week (maybe #4 over West Virginia).

Meanwhile, MSU's annual season collapse is in full force, and should be completed next weekend against Ohio State. The "for sale" sign should be appearing very soon on coach John L. Smith's front lawn.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Clemson kept its season alive this past weekend against Wake Forest. Grove stadium has been a house of horrors for the Tigers, but they found a way to get it done, outscoring Wake 24-0 in the 4th quarter. This Thursday night's game should be a little easier to watch because it's against Temple. :)

I'm a little miffed that we didn't crack the top 10, seeing as how two teams ahead of us (Auburn and Notre Dame) were thoroughly dominated at home, while we lost a one point game in overtime on the road. But I guess if we just stay the course, we should crack the top 10 eventually.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
badnews for Petersen, I hope he heals quickly and comes back to 100%. but it is good news for Oklahoma's team next year.

Sad to see Mizzou go down, but giving up three turnovers is not the way to win a game. For a moment I thought we were going to score on that last big drive. Every play was connecting and we marched down the field in high style. Then they got to the five on the first down, got only a yard on the second, missed the pass on the third lost five yards to delay of game and screwed up the run on the fourth. It was a perfect drive until they got within five yards. Still Mizzou played well, but it's too bad, it'd have been the first 7-0 season in 44 years if they'd won. but they can still put up a great season and come back even better next year.

James L White

Supporting Actor
Miami/FIU fans should be ashamed

bunch of damn thugs in that game

I hope they take schollies away, that type of behavior is uncalled for to say the least

Kevin T

Screenwriter
auburn finally shows up for a game. too little too late for a national title shot though. war eagle!

kevin t

James D S

Screenwriter
He's a junior, so I would assume so. People had him coming out early this year though, but now I imagine he'll hang back if his early draft feelers don't come back with promising news. (However, he's proving to be quite delicate for the position...)

ESPN's talking head was hyping the moment saying that that last score, the one that broke the collarbone, "might be his last collegiate play." I don't know if he's mistaken and/or just being melodramatic in that patented ESPN way, but Peterson has only been on the field for 3 seasons, including this one, IIRC.

Note to Stoops: This is what can happen when you leave your only star player on the field to run up his numbers in a blowout. Enjoy the rest of the season.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
USC is sure making it hard to be a fan this year. If they step it up and go undefeated, then they'll be in great shape. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win a national championship, or end up with 2 or 3 losses. I'm hoping for the former, but who knows?

I was wondering how long Florida could keep going with 2 QBs. My guess is that the Tebowization of the fans finally got to him at some level. Has any team ever gone all the way with a QB tandem?

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S

That's pretty much how I felt after tonights win. We were all discussing darkly the upcoming Oregon and Cal games. We've got a bye and two more games at the level of the last three, then its the gauntlet of every ranked team in our schedule and the crosstown rivalry. That could be very rough on us. I think we can take the homecoming game against Oregon but the Cal game is up in the air. Notre Dame... well they're going to gunning for us like never before after last year's win and the 'bush push', that will be a game to watch, probably very vicious and close all the way. This team will have to grow up in a hurry with the upcoming schedule...

Adam

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
If ASU has a student newspaper I sure hope they post a photo of the coach with D-U-M-B-A-S-S written as the sole headline over his head. Bye week this week, next up for ND is UCLA on Sat.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thank you, Auburn. With Florida going down, Michigan now controls its own destiny in the national title chase. The championship could be decided November 18th in Columbus instead of in January unless USC gets its act together. Only Iowa stands in Michigan's way before the big game at Ohio State, and the Hawkeyes really stumbled yesterday against Indiana.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

After seeing LB Tray Blackmon in action (finally!) it's really too bad for all concerned that he had to serve a six game suspension. As bad as the Arkansas game looked, the Auburn defense essentially gave up three big plays in that game. IMO, Blackmon could have made a difference on at least two of them.

Still ... This team is just too banged-up on offense to play at a consistent level all year. And that's what it takes to win every week in the SEC. I'm afraid the SEC Conference, as a whole, is irrelevant when it comes to the BCS Championship game picture until the "+1 Progressive" System goes into place. Fortunately, with the expanded ACC Conference in the same boat, there's not much question now that we will get the "+1 Progressive" when the TV contract for the current BCS expires in 2010.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

And Florida didn't show up in the second half.Auburn played well but we shot ourselves. Holding in the end zone etc.. Horrible call by the ref. on the fumble/incomplete pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks