What's new

2020-2021 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which team will win more games and have the most success this season?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I used to watching some of the draft when it was over two days, with the first 2 or 3 rounds on the first day. Since moving to 3 days, though, it's become even more long, boring and tedious than it was before. I may check progression online occasionally during the draft if I think about it, but now I pretty much just look at the results after each day to see what the Steelers did, along with any other "major headlines" draft news.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I enjoy watching games, but have never cared much about any off-season stuff, including the draft or trades.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Back in the day, I used to take vacation days to watch the draft on ESPN. Any of you guys remember Paul Zimmerman and Howard Balzer? Those pro football writers used to be on the ESPN coverage along with a very young Mel Kiper.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I used to love it when the first round kicked off (pun intended) at noon on Saturday. Now that it’s on prime time, I stopped watching (my normal day- work or not- is between 4 AM and 8 PM).

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Huge surprise that the first trade of the night was the Cowboys trading with division rival the Eagles and also allowing the Giants to move ahead of them at the same time.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Chargers and Vikings picks should be back to back OL picks leaving Mac Jones sitting there for the Patriots UNLESS somebody attempts to trade up into the Vikings spot to take Jones ahead of the Patriots.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Not pleased with the Steelers 1st round pick. Running backs have a short shelf life - - especially one that is almost 24 years old. Najee Harris wasn't a game breaker behind Bama's offensive line, and now he will be behind Pittsburgh's Swiss cheese OL. They better take some blockers on Day 2.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not pleased with the Steelers 1st round pick. Running backs have a short shelf life - - especially one that is almost 24 years old. Najee Harris wasn't a game breaker behind Bama's offensive line, and now he will be behind Pittsburgh's Swiss cheese OL. They better take some blockers on Day 2.
It looks a lot better than the Raiders first round pick. He's a helluva running back with receiving and blocking skills.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It looks a lot better than the Raiders first round pick. He's a helluva running back with receiving and blocking skills.
Just seeing the Raiders pick now. Taking an OL with a late 2nd round grade that high is definitely questionable. Sometimes teams find diamonds in the rough, but Gruden and Mayock have not had a good track record so far in Oakland/Vegas.

As for Harris, I am not a fan of running backs or tight ends in the first round. The RB has to be a game breaker and a player leaving early for it to make sense. Harris will be almost 29 years old when his first contract is up. That's when running backs usually begin to fall off a cliff -- the position has such a short shelf life in the league now. I think he also benefited from playing on a stacked 'Bama offense. While it was a position of need, I would have rather seen Pittsburgh fill another hole there and taken a running back later in the draft.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks