What's new

2021-2022 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which QB will have the most success this season?

• Carson Wentz - Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Stafford - Rams

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Trevor Lawrence - Jaguars

• Jimmy Garoppolo -49ers

• Ryan Fitzpatrick - Redskins

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cam Newton - Patriots

• Jalen Hurts - Eagles

• Justin Fields - Bears

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mac Jones

• Zach Wilson -Jets

• Sam Darnold - Panthers

• Jameis Winston - Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Interesting that the most drama between QB and club in recent memory has been between the Packers/Favre and the Cardinals/Murray. They’re now the 2 highest paid QBs in the game, so now maybe we won’t have to listen to that horse shit any time soon.
I think you mean Rodgers. Favre and the Packers was a different kind of drama back in the day.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I think you mean Rodgers. Favre and the Packers was a different kind of drama back in the day.
Yes good point. Seems most of the bellyaching and whining was coming from the Rodgers camp, not the Packers camp.
Still, we shouldn’t have to hear this garbage going forward- if these QBs are not happy, it’s their own fault (they chose to sign the contracts).

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
NFL might appeal this 6 game suspension. They might want a more severe suspension.

The Browns should be happy with this suspension.

I think they should be absolutely thrilled with that suspension because it is less than the 8 game suspension they were hoping would be the maximum. Not sure the NFL will like it because it does not make them look great but technically, they did not make the call.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The NFL probably should appeal. Seems rather ridiculously light considering what they've dished out for other offenses. Roethlisberger was suspended six games for allegedly assaulting two women. Watson's alleged to have abused more than 20.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The NFL probably should appeal. Seems rather ridiculously light considering what they've dished out for other offenses. Roethlisberger was suspended six games for allegedly assaulting two women. Watson's alleged to have abused more than 20.

They should rapidly appeal so it at least looks like they are upset about it. Then even if they lose the appeal they can say "Hey, we appealed, we did not agree with that suspension."

If they don't appeal it just looks bad and they can't sit around pretending "Hey, we want to be tough on this type of issue!"

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
There seemed to be a chance for a while that Jimmy Garoppolo would remain a 49er. Basically, at least as an insurance policy to Lance. However, it does not seem that will happen. There are a few teams with interest in him that want to make the trade. I think it will depend upon how the $24 million owed to Garoppolo is handled. That's starter money and I am not sure if any team that trades for him wants to take on that salary. The word is the Buccaneers really want him badly because they want him to replace Brady next season. Brady might play next season now if some sort of deal comes together where he ends up with Sean Peyton as his head coach. Apparently, this is what Brady and Peyton were trying to put together in Miami for this year but they could not get it done. However, they may somehow get that done for 2023, we will see.

Anyway, since Tampa would be paying Jimmy to back up Brady this season, I seriously doubt they want to pay him $24 million to ride the pine. So, that is probably the negotiation. The Seahawks are apparently looking at him, as are the Texans. There are rumors the Eagles might kick his tires as well but again, I don't think any of these teams will want to eat his entire $24 million.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I shoud add, Jimmy is open to taking a paycut to move. He is always a team player. So, he would probably take a paycut to lessen the amount the 49ers or his new team would need to pay.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

So, now we know why the suspension was so light, and it is pretty sad. The NFL was totally involved in this deal and here is how they did it. Instead of sending Ms. Robinson, the woman deciding the case, all of the info on what Watson had done, they sent over info on just 5 of the accusations. Not sure which 5 they were but she was not deciding the suspension based upon the 26 or so cases against him, nor looking at the evidence that he hired at least 66 different women in 17 months to "massage" him.

So, the suspension, at the NFL's own doing, is based upon 5 selected cases they chose for Robinson to look at to determine a punishment. Pathetic? Yes. Sneaky? Yes. Does the NFL look bad? Yes. Will they appeal? Who knows, they did it the way they did to hopefully land Watson the lightest possible punishment.

Well, that worked but it seems a bad idea to have done it that way.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I think what is really sneaky about this was that the NFL pretended to want at least a year suspension for him and claimed maybe more than that. All the while they asked Ms. Robinson to decide the case based on only 5 accusations. This is more than a little dishonest. If Robinson is looking at the massive pile of evidence and accusations, well, this probably has a different outcome. I think the Texans had to settle 30 cases to put the problem behind them. Watson's punishment was based on him only having 5 accusations against him...and that was what the NFL asked for specifically.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I mean, isn't it odd that the Texans have to settle cases with 30 women, Watson settles with 20, and then his punishment is contained to 5 accusations?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Six games. What a complete joke. As far as five vs. thirty; IMHO, five should have been enough to warrant at least a one year suspension. Here's hoping that Watson and the Browns have a miserable year.

As to the question of Cleveland fans and Watson I expect it will be a mixed response with a lot of folks rationalizing that the game and the personal conduct are separate matters.

- Walter.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So, now we know why the suspension was so light, and it is pretty sad. The NFL was totally involved in this deal and here is how they did it. Instead of sending Ms. Robinson, the woman deciding the case, all of the info on what Watson had done, they sent over info on just 5 of the accusations. Not sure which 5 they were but she was not deciding the suspension based upon the 26 or so cases against him, nor looking at the evidence that he hired at least 66 different women in 17 months to "massage" him.

So, the suspension, at the NFL's own doing, is based upon 5 selected cases they chose for Robinson to look at to determine a punishment. Pathetic? Yes. Sneaky? Yes. Does the NFL look bad? Yes. Will they appeal? Who knows, they did it the way they did to hopefully land Watson the lightest possible punishment.

Well, that worked but it seems a bad idea to have done it that way.
What’s the source fore this info?

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp

This article says evidence from only 4 cases were presented.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks