What's new

NCAA Football 2007 Season (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

So much for that happening. :frowning:

Ugly, ugly, ugly game by the Irish. 5 TO's, 4 by Quinn. The Irish national title hopes and Quinn's Heisman hopes took a big hit. I hope they both recover by the end of the season.

Bucks start off slow, but pick it up and roll over Cincinatti 37-7.

Way to go Louisville in spanking the Hurricanes!

Shut up Scott! :D

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
The Irish are done. They'll have at least 3 losses come bowl time.

OSU-Michigan on November 18 is the game of the year. Should be amazing.

USC will play the winner of that game in the BCS title game. You heard it here first.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to Michigan, they were clearly the better team yesterday. We sure had our celebrations against them the past many years including when they came in as #1. Fortunately, there are still a bunch of big games on tap for ND this season as usual.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
While Oklahoma got robbed they can only blame themselves for allowing Oregon to score twice in the final 2 minutes. Instant Replay should have made the Oregon team a dead duck

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor

Well, it certainly wasn't the demoralizing massacre I had hoped for, but any Nebraska loss is a good thing. But the heads will be swelling again in no time given that the rest of NU's schedule is a cakewalk...

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
two big gifts for USC yesterday, in addition to winning. The oregon win strengthens the Pac 10 in the BCS--yet another non-conference loss for a major pac 10 team would have been horrible. and the notre dame loss eliminates one more top team from having a perfect season. Now it seems to be down to Ohio, Michigan, USC and Auburn as the teams currently contending for the rest of the season for the national championship game. The Ohio / Michigan game should be excellent, and is both teams' final game before Bowls. Florida has the toughest remaining schedule, so if they go undefeated, USC probably doesn't have a chance for the national championship unless Ohio and Michigan both fall, and one will. The winner of the Ohio Michigan game could very well be playing the winner of the Florida/Auburn game with USC left in the lurch.

I just noticed Ohio had the schedule USC had last year, no bye weeks, straight playing, that may hurt them in the Championship, seven weeks after their last game.

and congrats to the Mizzou Tigers, now 3-0, they could have an outstanding season and really surprise the three ranked teams they're playing this year (Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and the rivalry game against Nebrask); I think they can best one or two of those teams. I'm rooting for them to also win their rivalry matchup this year against Kansas, you can bet the Thanksgiving weekend game is going to lock our entire family to the TV screen in a big way.

I love the new clock rules, games lasting four hours were far too long in my opinion, it's why I can't watch the NFL w/o tivo.

Adam

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I have to amend my earlier statement. The Irish may not have 3 losses come bowl time (though that's certainly a possibility). Notre Dame's schedule is more or less a joke. Apart from USC, they should win every other game they play. I've got a feeling, though, that MSU will give them a run for their money.

Jeez, why couldn't the Irish get the Marines or the Coast Guard scheduled??

You make a good point, Adam, but I seriously doubt both Florida and Auburn will go undefeated, apart from that game. Auburn has some serious limitations offensively, and I'm not sold on Florida just yet, either.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

Now ... Wait a minute!! Auburn posted 40 points on Washington State in their first game and 34 against Mississippi State in their second contest (in just three quarters, I might add.)

I think they were just up against a fantastic defense. The TD that Auburn scored in that game was the only TD that LSU has given up this season. (And last year, in their bowl game, LSU didn't allow a TD to Miami.) And Auburn had two monstrous drives in the game (one resulted in the missed field goal from the ten yard line.) They didn't do much offensively other than those two drives, but they were operating without their blocking TE (left the game in the 2nd quarter with an ankle injury) and Cox played the second half with a bruised leg. No ... I think with Brandon Cox, Kenny Irons, Brad Lester, and Courtney Taylor Auburn has more than enough playmakers to provide the offense they need against the rest of their schedule.

Oh .. and by the way: Auburn gets one of their suspended starting linebackers back next week (Kevin Sears); and should get Steve Gandy and Tray Blackmon back before the Florida game. In other words, the defense may get *better* as the season progresses ..!

James St

Supporting Actor

There's no way both can go undefeated since they play each other on 10/14. Florida also has to play Alabama, LSU, Georgia in Jax and at Florida State.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

Yeah ... I (obliquely) referred to that in my prior post. But I think he meant other than that game.

In any event, we SEC teams really beat-up on each other. Auburn still has to play Florida, Georgia, and Alabama; and then either Tennessee, Florida, or Georgia in the SEC Championship game (assuming we get that far)!!

It's still a miracle that the 2004 Auburn team was able to run the SEC gauntlet without a loss. That team played and beat four teams that were ranked in the Top Ten!! By way of comparison, when Texas beat USC last year that was the first time in thirty years that Texas had defeated three Top Ten teams in the same season.

So ... as always, the odds of *any* team from the SEC going undefeated are astronomical!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You do understand that these schedules are made years in advance and at that time, some of those schools were beating ND more than once over the last decade or so.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The Irish are an Independent, and they have been playing Navy for DECADES, much longer than most of the football factory rivalries that have cropped up. And the Navy includes the Marines ;) And a joke is VA Tech's 8 home games vs. 4 road games, or Nebraska playing teams WE can beat 5 games out of the season.

But yes, we have been a guaranteed win for the Irish for the last three decades. But we need the money :D

It's my opinion that to be considered for the top 25, you should have to play more than half of your games against Top 25 teams from the year before. Fat chance of that happening these days.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Well, after a crushing double overtime loss last week, Clemson came through with a HUGE road win over FSU. It may not seem like a huge deal, but anyone who's followed this program over the last 3 or 4 years has watched them lose those types of games time and time again. It was nice to come out on the other side for once, though. Provided we don't have any letdowns, we have a decent shot in our division now. Losing to both BC and FSU would have rendered that pretty much impossible.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Nice win for sure Brett for Clemson. They did show some poise. Congrats! Love it when they wear the all white. Not too fond of the purple pants ;)

A&M beat Army but really didn't deserve to win. I'm serious. HUGE Aggie, but have to admit that Army should have won. It's time for Fran to go. Seems like a nice guy and all and was the "flavor of the month" when hired back in 2002. Was the hottest coach around but for whatever reason, it's not working at A&M.

Huge budget, Kyle Field & first rate facilities, great talent....Fran is 19-19 in nearly 3.5 seasons.

In about 5-6 years A&M has gone from contender status to 2nd tier. Not much light in this tunnel.

I'm usually glass is half full but no longer.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Yeah, I flipped to the A&M game vs. Army and was shocked to see how close it was late in the 3rd quarter. It was a fantastic final quarter, but Army blew it by calling a run play there at the very end. I'm glad A&M pulled it out for your sake, Tim. :)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I'm a little surprised there's so little talk of the screwjob in Oregon.

I usually don't whine about officiating but this on par with a fifth down. This is exactly the situation that the review is supposed be there for; to prevent game-changing mistakes. Not only was the ball touched by an Oregon player before traveling 10 yards, but an Oklahoma player recovered the freaking ball.

I'm not into CTs so I guess it's just a case of incomprehesible incompetence. The zebras involved in this debacle need to be relieved of their duties. I love instant replay and want it to thrive but for that to happen and for it to be of any value, there needs to be serious repercussions in events like this where it fails so utterly and completely. :thumbsdown:

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I can't see how they could possibly get that wrong as well. It was clear that OK should have gotten the ball, and there should be serious consequences for the official. I saw the highlights and couldn't believe that they made the wrong call after the review.

Users who are viewing this thread