What's new

NCAA Football 2007 Season (1 Viewer)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
There were sveral horrible calls even with replay's this weekend. The ref's should be held accountable somehow. I'm not sure what they were looking at during the OK game but it sure wasn't what we were seeing at home.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
It's very true that OU got screwed but their defense should have stopped them then it would be a moot point. This is coming from an Oklahoma fan dyed in the wool so understand while I'm furious with the officials, I know that the other side is the defense needs to be taken to task.

James D S

Screenwriter
My conference, Big 12, got shredded this Saturday.

UT steamrolled Rice, which is as it should be. Buuuuuut, OU gets "beat" by Oregon (there are a certain few PAC10 officials who need to be given a pink slip), Texas Tech loses to TCU, USC manhandles Nebraska, Baylor gets beat by Washington on a fieldgoal, and the A&M Aggies escape from San Antonio with a non-loss.

I hope we get our acts together so Texas can make a serious bid for the rematch with Ohio in Arizona. :)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Yeah, the Big 12 had a bad weekend, but the ACC has been having a bad season altogether so far. Virginia, Maryland, and NC State all look bad, Miami got crushed by Louisville, Duke was beaten by a I-AA team, and NC struggled to beat Furman (another I-AA team). It looks like Virgina Tech, FSU, BC, and maybe Clemson represent the best the ACC have to offer this year. GT and Wake Forest are probably also pretty strong, but from top to bottom, the ACC isn't nearly the powerhouse it has been the last few years.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I agree that should Florida or Auburn go undefeated, and Michigan vs. Ohio State do likewise, the winners should meet for the title game. The SEC and Big Ten are much better than any other conference this year, and the winners would be very deserving, my PAC-10 allegiance aside.

Speaking of PAC-10 allegiance, the refs in the Duck-Sooner debacle were slapped with a suspension. Seems a bit soft, but at least they were recognized for their utter incompetence (at best.) Personally, if any game looked to me like the fix was in, it was that one.

James D S

Screenwriter
Is Colorado even Div-1A anymore?

And apparently one PAC-10 ref is getting death threats and he's claiming he might not come back after the suspension. He may not even come back next year.

Can't say he'll be missed...

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
FSU is looking EXTREMELY weak right now. Their offense is a complete joke ("All-American" receivers dropping balls, unable to take advantage of turnovers, etc.). Heck, they almost lost to Troy! With all of Clemson's mistakes, FSU should have won the game (if it was the 'old' FSU). I'm not very impressed with BC thus far either (they are a top 25-30ish school... IMO nothing more). Yes, they closed out the games at home (always good) but look at the Clemson win... Clemson basically gave that game away. If Clemson learns how to kick field goals then they'll be a strong force this year. IMO VaTech and Clemson are the best ACC teams right now... FSU, GT, Miami, BC and maybe MD are the next tier and then the rest should be 'easy' wins.

As a GT fan I think our team is pretty strong and capable of beating any of the top ACC teams. Our defense is excellent and has kept us in many games (despite our offensive problems). We'll see where we stand when we play VaTech at the end of September. Hopefully the offense starts to click against better defenses and we avoid any chokes (losing to a Carolina school, etc.).

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Very suprised how poor Colorado is this year. Really thought with Hawkins bringing in fresh air and with his success at Boise State (I think that's where he's from?)....got to be one of the early 2006 shockers.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Clemson definately should have beaten BC in the first overtime after they held them to a FG and promptly drove to the 2 yard line. They had every chance in the world to pound the ball in, but chose to run outside and lost 4 yards, effectively killing their chances. It's been frustrating to watch losses like that for the past few years.

And GT will give Clemson fits, as always. They looked good against ND, that's for sure. You guys have a decent shot in your division if Miami is as down as they seem. You guys have VT on the road (but it seems like everyone does), and that could determine everything, barring any letdowns.

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
The thing that really gets me are the polls. Obviously, I'm a UT fan, but I find it hard to believe how teams are rated. I know Texas is the highest ranked team with a loss, but shouldn't the polls be judged on how good the team is and not solely on their record? I have no doubt in my mind that Texas could stomp any of the other teams ahead in the polls except OSU. USC really isnt all that impressive looking to me and Texas can simply outscore all the other teams. I'm just hoping for a texas-ohio state rematch in january.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
We're talking about the same Texas team that didn't even show up in a home game against the only team they've played this season?

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
University of Tenn.?

[/quote]I have no doubt in my mind that Texas could stomp any of the other teams ahead in the polls except OSU.
I highly doubt that as all fans of the teams ahead of them would doubt it as well.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
UT needs to worry about its rival Oklahoma first. Mack's record against OU isn't so hot. He won last year but was beaten several times in a row prior to that.

Maybe if UT hires a Pac 10 crew to do the game..... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks