What's new
World Wide Stereo

My New SVS Twins Have Arrived!... (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
All speakers should be here before the end of August... We are taking a family trip next week, then I will be home alone the following week, and should get everything finalized by then ... at least as far as which speakers will be here...

RobbRoy has a nice hosting site for graphs and pics...

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"All speakers should be here before the end of August... We are taking a family trip next week, then I will be home alone the following week, and should get everything finalized by then ... at least as far as which speakers will be here..."

Hay, Craig...what about the B4-Plus tests/review?... :confused:

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

LauriM

Auditioning
I would love to see such a test. It's rare to see SVS compared against subs around the same price that are available over here too.

The local magazines are not interested as SVS does not advertise here, and pitting PC+ or PB2 against Rel Strata 5 or Velodyne SPL-1200 might cause some problems with advertisers.. :D

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Frank, The report on the B4+ will be done before the end of August... I can tell you it is quite the machine. We tested it to 118 dB, ground plane outdoors, at 20 Hz/1 meter with less than 10 % THD...

As for sound quality, while I know this is not on the same room, I have been stopping by a lot of B&M stores, and listening to their top of the line subs... Aerial, Theil, DD-18... have not found a Revel yet... my subjective take on these subs is they all sound very good... and I could not pick one over another...

However, One B4+ will exceed the output of TWO of any of the above subs, putting them at $9000 and up Vs. $4000 (I am using the K2 and a Behringer 2496 with it as part of the package) ... more to come

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Laurim - I wanted to do a test Vs. M&K... In fact, I even contacted Alan Gouger from AVS to try to buy one, he refused. Velodyne also refused. And one of the companies suggested an unauthorized review could be grounds for legal action.

terence

Supporting Actor

Do i smell fear?! What is the BIG deal? If you are confident to sell a product at the prices they do, make the claims that they do, you should be confident enuff to put your product up against any competition! Put your $$$$$$ where your mouth is or put up or shut up! Better yet either lead, follow or get out of the way!

After all isn't all of this testing, reviewing varies from user to user and sujective anyway?

So i ask again what is the BIG deal that you would want to pull a Bose, and run to your lawyer?

mark alan

Supporting Actor
I think that they are talking about libel. You know, the Bose approach. Sue anyone who gives you a bad review.

terence

Supporting Actor
Libel

1 a : a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought b: archaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone.

2 a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b: (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel

Now after reading this how can civil written review cause the above, I’m sure there is a loop hole to get around it.

I guess this would be the loop hole.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
The ironic part of the responses is that after some of the "logic" I was treated to by some of these manufacturers, I decided to do some research into the entire business model of audio. This research has led to some astonishing numbers...

For now, Suffice it to say the next couple of years will be quite interesting...

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Frank, The report on the B4+ will be done before the end of August... I can tell you it is quite the machine. We tested it to 118 dB, ground plane outdoors, at 20 Hz/1 meter with less than 10 % THD...

As for sound quality, while I know this is not on the same room, I have been stopping by a lot of B&M stores, and listening to their top of the line subs... Aerial, Theil, DD-18... have not found a Revel yet... my subjective take on these subs is they all sound very good... and I could not pick one over another...

However, One B4+ will exceed the output of TWO of any of the above subs, putting them at $9000 and up Vs. $4000 (I am using the K2 and a Behringer 2496 with it as part of the package) ... more to come"

Craig,

Thanks for the heads up!

I think I already know the outcome of the actual OBJECTIVE tests (exciting stuff, Craig!), which is what really interests me; the resulting subjective side of the tests is of minor importance to me (yet I would trust your veracity any day! :) ).

Now, what exactly is a Behringer 2496? Is it similar to or about the same as their FBD? Inquiring minds wants to know!...

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"And one of the companies suggested an unauthorized review could be grounds for legal action."

Unf.....g believable! :angry:

Since when reviews/tests of products that can be purchased by consumers require "authorization" from the part of the manufacturing companies?

I think I have an idea who that company might be too (they sure are afraid of Tom V and RON S because of what they are producing at rather affordable prices!)...

-THTS

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Frank - The Behringer 2496 has the following :

1. Ten band Parametric EQ
2. 31 Band Graphic EQ
3. Built in RTA with 61 bands
4. Dynamic EQ

For about $400, you can get it, the ECM-800 microphone, and really can make tremendous strides in flattening your in room response...

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Frank - The Behringer 2496 has the following :

1. Ten band Parametric EQ
2. 31 Band Graphic EQ
3. Built in RTA with 61 bands
4. Dynamic EQ

For about $400, you can get it, the ECM-800 microphone, and really can make tremendous strides in flattening your in room response..."

Wow! Looks like really interesting stuff, Craig!

Where did you get the ECM-800 mike? Perhaps is available from the place I bought the FBD and Samson amps (a music house that sells on-line). I'll be checking their site and see if they carry that equipment...

-THTS

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Frank, I got my stuff from Zzsounds.. and it is the ECM-8000, I missed one "0" ... oops.

If you so a search on "Behringer Parametric Equalizers", you will get a bevy of sites...

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Frank, I got my stuff from Zzsounds.. and it is the ECM-8000, I missed one "0" ... oops.

If you so a search on "Behringer Parametric Equalizers", you will get a bevy of sites..."

Thanks, Craig! Really appreciate the help... :)

-THTS

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

Yet another reason why I don't pay attention to reviews in magazines. Yet another reason why I visit these forums for REAL user opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks