What's new
World Wide Stereo

My New SVS Twins Have Arrived!... (1 Viewer)

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to hear about your medical problems Frank. I also have been following your threads very closly as I'm also a proud owner of ONLY 1 B4 plus. I hope you can resolve your medical problem and I look forward to seeing your setup. Take care. :emoji_thumbsup:

Will d s

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry about your new "aquisition" Frank, hope you feel better and everything turns out all right.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Frank:

Hopefully your CT tests will be returned ok. Surgery isn't done that much anymore with the new PPI meds (Nexium/Protonix/Prilosec) so hopefully that is all they are going to have to give you. Did they do any type of endoscopic exam on your stomach too or just the CT exams?

I hope you are doing much better with the meds and don't have to return to the hospital.

Parker

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quotes:

"Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your passion for this hobby, and that I'll be thinking of you today, and over the next few weeks."

Jack,
Truly appreciate your kind words...

"I also have been following your threads very closly as I'm also a proud owner of ONLY 1 B4 plus. I hope you can resolve your medical problem and I look forward to seeing your setup."

Simon,
Thanks for the kind words; I really appreciate it!
By the way...congrats; you've just joined the SVS bassaholic ranks! :)

"Sorry about your new 'aquisition' Frank, hope you feel better and everything turns out all right."

Will,
I really appreciate your kind words!
Am actually doing (feeling) better as the pain has subsided considerably, though residual aching lets me know "hey, dude...am still here!"

"Now I see. I have wondered about you Frank. Wish you well and I'll be thinking of you."

steve,
Thanks, pal; greatly appreciate the kind gesture... :)

"Frank... Get better soon... prayers are being said..."

Wow...am truly over welmed! Thank you indeed for the well wishes, Craig!
And, oh, yes...am really and eagerly looking forward to read your B4-Plus report; the waiting is keeping me on pins and needles! :D

"Hang in there Frank!"

Rob,
Shall do...with God's help. My god friend, I appreciate you kind words enormously (boy, have I ran out ways to describe my truly sincere gratefulness or what! :b )...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Hopefully your CT tests will be returned ok. Surgery isn't done that much anymore with the new PPI meds (Nexium/Protonix/Prilosec) so hopefully that is all they are going to have to give you. Did they do any type of endoscopic exam on your stomach too or just the CT exams?

I hope you are doing much better with the meds and don't have to return to the hospital."

Parker,

Thank you greatly for your concerns, my friend!

No endoscopic examination was implemented; just the CT scan tests. Have to wait until Friday when I see my surgeon to learn the results.
Meantime the AVELOX (400 mg) tablets my primary care physician prescribed seem to be doing a great deal of good as the short-term bouts with fever are gone, as well as decreasing the stomach pain to a more tolerable level.

Am not really looking forward to return to the hospital so soon since I already spent seven days in one back in February when I had to admit my self in the emergency room on account of congestive heart and pulmonary failures (almost bought the farm then :eek: ), as well as spending quite a while recuperating at home on oxygen therapy (24/7!). Thanks to God I pulled through...

My doctor put me on a diet and have shed several pounds doing the Dr. Atkins low carb bit. However, the clinic where am attending "classes" for gastric bypass surgery (yep...have to divest my self of about 100+ Lbs. if am to regain my full health) told me the Dr. Atkins diet isn't a "certifiable" weight loss program besides being "too dangerous," so had to stop.
I was put on another diet program (have to lose some more weight before the surgery date), so I hope to continue losing the fat cells. :D

It was during my recent attempts to re-stablish some measure of real physical activity that caused me the current medical problem; it seem to have occurred during or right after the last time I went swimming, for crying at loud!... :frowning:

-THTS

"hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Well, folks...it looks like coming sometime next week I'll be absent from this Forum a short while (I hope!).
The reason is because the CT scan test results indicated that not only I have a big problem with complications of a herniated bellybutton (can't remember the medical term), but in addition a "mass" (tumor) that was found during the CT scans also needs to come out.
Thus first thing next Monday morning am to undergo an endoscopic exam on my stomach...and will be visiting the "OR" first thing Thursday for scheduled surgery. :frowning:

This sure has put a tremendous damper on my hobbies because is hindering me from accomplishing my long delayed auditions of the B4+ twins, which I hope to do after setting up the small HT audio system with the newly acquired Pioneer receiver, among other things.
Am not sure how much I can accomplish this weekend, but will try to do as much as possible without incurring more physical damage to the already screwed up area of my wonderful bod :D (can't be handling heavy stuff).

If anything else, the one thing I sure like to accomplish is to get my kid to take pics of the stuff I've been promising for sometime and post them...not so much as proving to those who might doubt my veracity (owning eight 16-46 tubes and the two B4+s, that is) but because I gave my word of honor.

Please bear with me a bit longer... :)

-THTS

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
We'll be praying for you Frank.

My secretary recently underwent surgery (in June) to remove a large (6 inches) tumor that was right next to her kidney. She was back to work in three weeks, and has made a complete recovery!

Stay positive Frank!

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Frank,

If anyone doubts your veractiy, we'll send a copy of your invoice from your purchase of eight SVS 16-46CS subs in our first few months of operation. That sale was and still is legend in our offices! (I'm pretty sure the invoice is framed on our factory wall or something).

Please take care of yourself and from the entire staff at SVS, we wish you the quickest possible recovery.

Ron

JackRI

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Richard
Rob's advice is right on the schnozola, Frank. STAY POSITIVE!. My 40 year old+ nephew just had a cancerous kidney removed. They got it all. I talked to him a few days later and he was doing OK, but was in pain when he moved suddenly or put stress on his stomach area, which was the point of entry for the surgery. His wife had a bed set up for him in the living room so he could watch TV and not have to move around much. I was, of course, concerned. I called him a few days later, and got no answer. He was up at Cedar Point (huge amusement park near Sandusky, OH) living it up. So much for my concern for him! ;)

We'll be thinking of you, and awaiting your swift return. :emoji_thumbsup:

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quotes:

"My secretary recently underwent surgery (in June) to remove a large (6 inches) tumor that was right next to her kidney. She was back to work in three weeks, and has made a complete recovery!

Stay positive Frank!"

Thanks for the most uplifting story, Rob! It sure has lighten up my weekend! :emoji_thumbsup:

"If anyone doubts your veracity, we'll send a copy of your invoice from your purchase of eight SVS 16-46CS subs in our first few months of operation. That sale was and still is legend in our offices! (I'm pretty sure the invoice is framed on our factory wall or something).

Please take care of yourself and from the entire staff at SVS, we wish you the quickest possible recovery."

Wow...is SVS a real super company to deal with or what?! Thank you for the kind gesture, Ron! :)

"Rob's advice is right on the schnozola, Frank. STAY POSITIVE!.

My 40 year old+ nephew just had a cancerous kidney removed. They got it all. I talked to him a few days later and he was doing OK, but was in pain when he moved suddenly or put stress on his stomach area, which was the point of entry for the surgery. His wife had a bed set up for him in the living room so he could watch TV and not have to move around much. I was, of course, concerned. I called him a few days later, and got no answer. He was up at Cedar Point (huge amusement park near Sandusky, OH) living it up. So much for my concern for him!"

That is some story, Jack! Really enjoyed reading your spirit-lifting, funny account of your nephew's surgery and recovery. Truly appreciate your encouraging words...

-THTS

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
Frank, I hope you're feeling well soon. You are in my prayers. :)

And, by the way, you have officially gone *insane* with that many SVS subwoofers! :)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Frank, I hope you're feeling well soon. You are in my prayers."

Sir, thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

"And, by the way, you have officially gone *insane* with that many SVS subwoofers!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Hi, folks!

Am back at home convalescing after last Thursday's surgery (I was actually released the same day), and have been even posting in HTF a little bit here and a little bit there. However, considerable pain keeps me away from the computer (and all other things!) as I can only stand sitting in front of it for about 10 minutes...if that, so am limited.

Anyhow, hope to recoup some of my physical abilities in the coming days, enough so as to permit me setting up the Pioneer receiver and listening to my new Black Beauty twins at the very least. Stay tunned!... :)

PS. Who can tell me the SPL compensation table to be used with the older Rat Shack analog meter? Thanks in advance!

-THTS

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Frank, Great news on the surgery. With you owning twin B4+ and the octet of 16-46's ... My writing any sort of review on the B4+ seems pretty silly.

Suffice it to say it is every bit as powerful as the twin PB2+ I had here before it (see Ed's review regarding one and add about 6 dB) ...

The biggest changes....?

1. The push-pull design... It helps make the cabinet very quiet... and makes deep bass spectaculars just that much "tighter" ... you hear just the drivers.

2. The finish... just beautiful.

Now... when YOU are done calibrating... we HAVE to hear what you are doing... and experiencing !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks