What's new

My New SVS Twins Have Arrived!... (1 Viewer)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

implementing them might be a little painful though :eek:
__________________________________________________ ______

Oh, come on, steve...my bosom pal...show us a little testicular fortitude: go for it!... :D :crazy: :laugh:

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

terence

Supporting Actor

Ok i do enjoy exstream make over shows (pimp my ride, overhauling, X-tream make over HM edition etc) as much as the next guy, but this is where i draw the line, this is going to far! Let me be the 1st too nominate Steve as the first prototype of the IBS's ( Internal Body Subwoofers ) come on fellas get in now early, before the you miss out on all that cash!
:laugh: :D

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I blame you for Franks and terences shenanigans Mike:angry:

Maybe a 6" driver to start out with might be a little more appropriate for me? Frank and terence might require up to a 18" driver considering their massive ports. Need to consider port to mass you know:laugh:

Make note to self> Send Frank and terence 5 boxes of prunes each real soon. :D

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

Make note to self> Send Frank and terence 5 boxes of prunes each real soon. :D
__________________________________________________ ___

steve...do so ASAP, then Terence and I will send you the ensuing residuals afterwards!... :D :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
By the way, folks...for those of you (and me :b ) that are economically challenged and who desire high amplification wattage at an affordable price...just check out Berhinger's line of power amps; you'll be pleasantly surprised by the power output some models offer for the cash they ask the buyer to outlay! :)

OK, did I get, or do I own one or two? Nope (I've actually took delivery of a second Samson Servo2000 amp--cheaper than my first one too!--when the Berhinger CXS-2496 processor arrived. The Samson amps have to do 'till I can afford buying the multiple Crown K2 amps that are needed for my own particular application), but thought I let you know just in case... :)

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
These questions are aimed at those familiar with the interfacing/mixing of electronic equipment equipped with balanced and unbalanced lines:

1). The Berhinger's CXS-2496 unit's owners manual states one can avail of unbalanced lines usage for signal INPUT purposes; to do that, the XLR input jacks' pins 1 and 3 must be "bridged" so does the manual suggests.
Providing I get the necessary amount of microphone cables terminated with XLR plugs, will they work correctly if I equip couple of them with XLR-to-RCA adaptors...I mean, will these automatically provide the bridging of pins 1 and 3 as the manual points out?

2). Will microphone cables be suitable for balanced line interface application between the CXS-2696 (OUTPUT signal source XLR jacks) and Samson Servo2000 amps (XLR input jacks)?

Thanks in advance!... :)

-THTS

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I just spent the better part of a couple hrs answering all your questions in detail Frank but the Forum had a hic-up and I lost it all.:rolleyes:

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
bump...

These questions are aimed at those familiar with the interfacing/mixing of electronic equipment equipped with balanced and unbalanced lines:

1). The Berhinger's CXS-2496 unit's owners manual states one can avail of unbalanced lines usage for signal INPUT purposes; to do that, the XLR input jacks' pins 1 and 3 must be "bridged" so does the manual suggests.
Providing I get the necessary amount of microphone cables terminated with XLR plugs, will they work correctly if I equip couple of them with XLR-to-RCA adaptors...I mean, will these automatically provide the bridging of pins 1 and 3 as the manual points out?

2). Will microphone cables be suitable for balanced line interface application between the CXS-2696 (OUTPUT signal source XLR jacks) and Samson Servo2000 amps (XLR input jacks)?

Thanks in advance!...

-THTS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks