What's new

My New SVS Twins Have Arrived!... (1 Viewer)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Although the B4+s arrived in Ontario, California last Friday night (10:22 P.M. or so the "tracking" information said), the two separate crates containing the subs were not supposed to be delivered until today. Oh, the agony!... :D

Anyway...BAX Global, the purveyor of my new found reasons for happiness, :) called this morning at 5:00 A.M. Rats!
I didn't hear the phone ring but my daughter did; she answered it and was told by the good BAX folks they would be delivering sometime after 3:00 P.M. Thanks a lot, BAX! (that is the approximate time I previously indicated to them since I had to go back to work today).
Actually, I called them on Monday to see if the B4+s could be delivered then since I was off work and at home most of the day, but was told "no way Jose...we'll deliver tomorrow and not any earlier!" or something to that effect. :D
To make an story short (yeah, I know...am being long winded :b ), a big delivery truck--and I do mean very big!--arrived at my house shortly after 4:00 P.M. A rather large gentleman (what else could it be at this point! :D ) knocked on my door and asked me to sign and date the delivery invoice...something I did with glee but with excitedly nervous hands.

The delivery guy proceeded to unload two rather hefty looking crates and their wooden pallets from his truck, up my driveway, to be ultimately placed close to the garage door, although not without some understandable difficulty; these damned things look like they weight a ton (720 Lbs. between the two packages)! :eek:
By the way...one of the delivery crate arrived with clear evidences of amazing amount of physical damage (one whole particle board panel, which makes up part of the crating enclosure, is broken up and missing about 1/4 of its original size. However, SVS packs these things so well that no apparent damage seems to have occurred to the one B4+ sub occupying the interior space of the affected crate). The other crate fared somewhat better but still showed unmistakeable signs of handling abuse. Phew!
I'll ask my daughter to take pictures of the crates before they're opened (which won't be happening until the weekend when my son comes over with some of his buddies to help me relocate them subbass monsters inside the house since each sub weights nearly 200 Lbs.! :eek: There is no way I can do the unpacking and moving them inside by my self, so I sure can use all the help I can muster. Hope it doesn't rain mean time!).

Stay tuned: the saga of the B4+ twins will continue...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Although the B4+s arrived in Ontario, California last Friday night (10:22 P.M. or so the "tracking" information said), the two separate crates containing the subs were not supposed to be delivered until today. Oh, the agony!... :D

Anyway...BAX Global, the purveyor of my new found reasons for happiness, :) called this morning at 5:00 A.M. Rats!
I didn't hear the phone ring but my daughter did; she answered it and was told by the good BAX folks they would be delivering sometime after 3:00 P.M. Thanks a lot, BAX! (that is the approximate time I previously indicated to them since I had to go back to work today).
Actually, I called them on Monday to see if the B4+s could be delivered then since I was off work and at home most of the day, but was told "no way Jose...we'll deliver tomorrow and not any earlier!" or something to that effect. :D
To make an story short (yeah, I know...am being long winded :b ), a big delivery truck--and I do mean very big!--arrived at my house shortly after 4:00 P.M. A rather large gentleman (what else could it be at this point! :D ) knocked on my door and asked me to sign and date the delivery invoice...something I did with glee but with excitedly nervous hands.

The delivery guy proceeded to unload two rather hefty looking crates and their wooden pallets from his truck, up my driveway, to be ultimately placed close to the garage door, although not without some understandable difficulty; these damned things look like they weight a ton (720 Lbs. between the two packages)! :eek:
By the way...one of the delivery crate arrived with clear evidences of amazing amount of physical damage (one whole particle board panel, which makes up part of the crating enclosure, is broken up and missing about 1/4 of its original size. However, SVS packs these things so well that no apparent damage seems to have occurred to the one B4+ sub occupying the interior space of the affected crate). The other crate fared somewhat better but still showed unmistakeable signs of handling abuse. Phew!
I'll ask my daughter to take pictures of the crates before they're opened (which won't be happening until the weekend when my son comes over with some of his buddies to help me relocate them subbass monsters inside the house since each sub weights nearly 200 Lbs.! :eek: There is no way I can do the unpacking and moving them inside by my self, so I sure can use all the help I can muster. Hope it doesn't rain mean time!).

Stay tuned: the saga of the B4+ twins will continue...

-THTS

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The Fours have landed. You have the technology, you have the space, you have the manpower and now you have the dual fours to go with your eight cylinders. Ca/Frank Manrique has it's first six million dollar sub!

Congrats Frank:cool:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The Fours have landed. You have the technology, you have the space, you have the manpower and now you have the dual fours to go with your eight cylinders. Ca/Frank Manrique has it's first six million dollar sub!

Congrats Frank:cool:

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"The Fours have landed. You have the technology, you have the space, you have the manpower and now you have the dual fours to go with your eight cylinders. Ca/Frank Manrique has it's first six million dollar sub!"

Six million...that's about what will take to add a few Crown K2 amps and first rate EQ electronics!

"Congrats Frank"

Thank you my friend; really appreciate it... :)

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"The Fours have landed. You have the technology, you have the space, you have the manpower and now you have the dual fours to go with your eight cylinders. Ca/Frank Manrique has it's first six million dollar sub!"

Six million...that's about what will take to add a few Crown K2 amps and first rate EQ electronics!

"Congrats Frank"

Thank you my friend; really appreciate it... :)

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Congratulations Frank...Good times to be had...Enjoy the toys."

Thanks for the nice wishes, Richard!... :)

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Congratulations Frank...Good times to be had...Enjoy the toys."

Thanks for the nice wishes, Richard!... :)

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Congrats Frank!

Thank you indeed, Terence! :)

"You should be a proud papa, go ahead and stick your chest out buddy!"

I would definitely stick out my chest as a sign of pride...but my gut just won't let me!... :D

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Congrats Frank!

Thank you indeed, Terence! :)

"You should be a proud papa, go ahead and stick your chest out buddy!"

I would definitely stick out my chest as a sign of pride...but my gut just won't let me!... :D

-THTS

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
frank:

Pictures are a requirement of the crates, on getting them into the house and then the set up. After that the large whole in the side of your house..the cracked foundation...the blown out windows...and the lack of bugs in the neighborhood.

is the understatement of the year!

Jesus. I thought my GOD a B4+ has got to be THE sub to have. And you my friend went and proved me wrong with getting a B8+.

You definitely need to let us know what type of dBs you hit at reference with this puppies.

Next up. An Outlaw 790 300 watts X 7 that will is set up be bridged mono into each of them.

You are really trying to get Califonia into the Pacific that much sooner aren't you.

Enjoy!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
frank:

Pictures are a requirement of the crates, on getting them into the house and then the set up. After that the large whole in the side of your house..the cracked foundation...the blown out windows...and the lack of bugs in the neighborhood.

is the understatement of the year!

Jesus. I thought my GOD a B4+ has got to be THE sub to have. And you my friend went and proved me wrong with getting a B8+.

You definitely need to let us know what type of dBs you hit at reference with this puppies.

Next up. An Outlaw 790 300 watts X 7 that will is set up be bridged mono into each of them.

You are really trying to get Califonia into the Pacific that much sooner aren't you.

Enjoy!

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Man, did SVS mess up AGAIN!!!?????

One of those was supposed to make it's way to Pennsylvania, not California!!!! GEEEEZZZ...what an aweful company to work with...

Frank, feel free to send one B4+ back to Pennsylvania I'll pay for the shipping. :laugh: :D :D :D

No seriously, what a great company and congrats, I'm jealous, I just want ONE B4+!!!! :laugh:

Have fun with them and take LOTS of pictures!

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Man, did SVS mess up AGAIN!!!?????

One of those was supposed to make it's way to Pennsylvania, not California!!!! GEEEEZZZ...what an aweful company to work with...

Frank, feel free to send one B4+ back to Pennsylvania I'll pay for the shipping. :laugh: :D :D :D

No seriously, what a great company and congrats, I'm jealous, I just want ONE B4+!!!! :laugh:

Have fun with them and take LOTS of pictures!

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I learned several months ago the most important set up tool is a good handtruck with straps... Getting a B4+ into the house alone was NOT easy...

Frank... You are just plain warped... :emoji_thumbsup:

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I learned several months ago the most important set up tool is a good handtruck with straps... Getting a B4+ into the house alone was NOT easy...

Frank... You are just plain warped... :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks