What's new

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
You guys are ALL wrong! :laugh: Crystal Skull is by FAR the worst of the Indy films, Dial sits above it by a large margin at #4, with Raiders, Temple, and Crusade being 1, 2, and 3, respectively.

Geez, get it TOGETHER, would y'all??? :rolling-smiley:

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Movies can be “bad” for all kinds of reasons, unusually many at once. So you can get poorly-conceived, ineptly produced, horribly edited, badly-written, dull-assed boring, laughably overindulgent, bafflingly stupid, and Kate Capshaw, to name a few.

Crystal ticks the most boxes, but so does Temple, Crusade, and Dial.

The only truly flawless entry is Raiders of the Lost Ark, notably the only one to land in AFI’s Top 100 Movies of All Time (American version, as we all know The Red Shoes blows Raiders out of the proverbial Ark).

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
Interesting poll.I agree with 1 and 2
3 Dial of Destiny
4 Crystal Skull
5 Doom

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
You guys are ALL wrong! :laugh: Crystal Skull is by FAR the worst of the Indy films, Dial sits above it by a large margin at #4, with Raiders, Temple, and Crusade being 1, 2, and 3, respectively.

Agreed.

Jeff F.

Second Unit

Here's my list:

1) Raiders
2) Last Crusade
3) Temple of Doom
4) Dial of Destiny
5) Getting a root canal
6) Hitting my finger with a hammer
7) Crystal Skull

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
“Getting a vasectomy reversed” lurks perilously at #8, but only if you stop watching Crystal Skull immediately after the college chase scene. Otherwise, it moves up a notch to #7.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I have to rate them as follows:

#1: Raiders
#2: Last Crusade
#3: Temple of Doom

Crustal Skull and Dial of Destiny are both so awful that they don’t exist in my Indy universe.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I have to rate them as follows:

#1: Raiders
#2: Last Crusade
#3: Temple of Doom

Crustal Skull and Dial of Destiny are both so awful that they don’t exist in my Indy universe.
Didn’t you only watch 30 minutes of Dial Of Destiny? I think you need to watch the whole thing before you can rate it fairly. Just a suggestion.

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
In Dial of Destiny Indiana gets socked in the jaw by Helena.Just as Marion did in Raiders.Not because she is mad at him but she is trying to ' help him'. This is the lovely and vivacious Karen Allen with Harrison in 1 of my favorite photos of them.
1702263255222.png

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Didn’t you only watch 30 minutes of Dial Of Destiny? I think you need to watch the whole thing before you can rate it fairly. Just a suggestion.
If the first 30 minutes are unenjoyable to me, I’m not wasting my time with the rest of the movie.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
So you’ve never seen a film that’s gotten better as it went along?
Again, if I’m not enjoying a movie a half hour in, chances are very good that I’m not going to enjoy the rest of the movie so I’ll move along and watch something else. If you have the kind of free time to watch movies all the way through hoping they’ll get better, then that’s great. I don’t have that kind of free time or patience anymore.

To answer the question directly: No. Ever since I was a kid, either I’m immediately hooked within the first few minutes or I skip on to something else.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Oh i get giving up on a film if it doesn’t have me interested. But I won’t say it sucked or it’s terrible. I’ll just say I gave up on it. But hey that’s just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks