What's new

HTF Movie Draft! Join in quick! (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Andy all the way! He has my favorite list of anyone in this draft. THE THING, DARK CITY, SCARECROWS, CUBE, and EVENT HORIZON are all major favorites of mine! The other films on his list are also good, but not favorites, except for PHOTOGRAPHING FAIRIES and LAWN DOGS, which are the only two on his list that I haven't seen.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Justin, just out of curiosity, how many of the films on my list have you seen? ;)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
John, I've seen all of them except FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, THE MAN IN THE MOON, and ROOM WITH A VIEW. I'll admit that the only reason I saw THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST was because of Reese Witherspoon, but I actually wound up liking the film a good bit.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, Justin, I'm surprised. You've seen a lot more of them than I expected. You should see The Man in the Moon, if only to see Reese Witherspoon again.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
As I said earlier, my two least favorite lists, but I give the edge barely to Andy based on my extreme dislike of Gone with the Wind and A Room with a View.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
John Rice -
Love:
Like: Miller's Crossing, The Man in the Moon, Leaving Las Vegas
Haven't seen: The Magnificent Ambersons, Fiddler on the Roof, Gone with the Wind, Doctor Zhivago, A Room with a View, The Importance of Being Earnest (2002), Cinema Paradiso

Andy Olivera -
Love:
Like: Dark City, Poltergeist
Haven't seen: The Thing (1982), Event Horizon, Cube, Scarecrows, Lawn Dogs, Photographing Fairies, Altered States, Solaris (1971)

Yowza. I think I'd better just ABSTAIN this matchup.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Dome,
Everybody gets to vote. Especially when they vote for me. :D

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
John, because there's less I'm indifferent to on his list. ;) Andy's has too much horror than I enjoy but don't love. John has a handful of films I love, some genuine great films, and a few very questionable picks. :D

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Andy Olivera for the same reasons as Justin, and I just can't bring myself to vote for any list that includes Miller's Crossing :thumbsdown:

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
John mostly because I don't care for the Horror Genre much, which is Andy's strong point.
My only quibbles with John's list are Doctor Zhivago (which gets worse upon repeat viewings)...
Interesting. I have just the opposite view (i.e., it gets better with repeat viewings). I personally think that Dr. Zhivago is John's strongest pick! :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Rob, I was just about to compliment you, until I realized Zhivago is a David Lean. Thanks for the vote, though.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
John Rice
I've only seen 3 films off his list and 4 from Andy's, though was unimpressed by 2 of them.
Of the one's I haven't seen, I'd rather watch the ones on John's list.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I've seen 3 films on Andy's list (Dark City, Poltergeist and Cube) and like them a lot.

I've seen 4 on John's (Miller's Crossing, Leaving Las Vegas, Man in the Moon and Cinema Paradiso).

I'd have to go with John's list. . .have a particular soft spot for "Man in the Moon".

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
...in fairness I haven't seen a number of Andy's movies. The fact that I don't really have a strong desire to see them, however, speaks volumes.
You're missing out, man. If ever you want to see some sci-fi/horror films that don't insult your intelligence, these would be a good place to start...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

For the most part, but Event Horizon? Not insult your intelligence? Yeah, right.

...and Elizabeth, I just watched The Man in the Moon again last night, for about the umteenth time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks