What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time Nov/Dec 2016 Release Announcements (2 Viewers)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Watched 3 Worlds of Gulliver last night...Wow! Gorgeous tranfer! I've never seen it look so pristine!
I also watch The Barefoot Contessa. Very disappointed. Seemed almost DVDish...The color timing was off. Nothing was ever sharp. The first bad Blu Ray from TT. Amazed they accepted the Master.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Watched 3 Worlds of Gulliver last night...Wow! Gorgeous tranfer! I've never seen it look so pristine!
I also watch The Barefoot Contessa. Very disappointed. Seemed almost DVDish...The color timing was off. Nothing was ever sharp. The first bad Blu Ray from TT. Amazed they accepted the Master.
I didn't have high expectations for The Barefoot Contessa anyway based on my previous viewings of this film in other video formats. I'm pretty sure this BD will be an upgrade from those presentations.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Watched "The Three Worlds of Gulliver" new Blu-ray Sunday (Dec 18) night --

Incredible. Even better than I imagined that it could be.

I wonder if Harryhausen ever saw this movie looking so good?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

I'm very disappointed to hear that about The Barefoot Contessa. My disc has not arrived yet. I hope I disagree with you! :)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

I have now watched the disc and I'm very sorry to say I don't disagree with you at all. The medium shots in the graveyard are truly no better than standard definition. I checked this against the DVD. I too am amazed that Twilight Time accepted this transfer because they rejected The Pride And The Passion which looks far better on Blu-ray disc than The Barefoot Contessa.

Although it's a major disappointment, I don't regret buying the disc because the colors on the DVD are even worse, in a completely different way . . . and I love this film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have now watched the disc and I'm very sorry to say I don't disagree with you at all. The medium shots in the graveyard are truly no better than standard definition. I checked this against the DVD. I too am amazed that Twilight Time accepted this transfer because they rejected The Pride And The Passion which looks far better on Blu-ray disc than The Barefoot Contessa.

Although it's a major disappointment, I don't regret buying the disc because the colors on the DVD are even worse, in a completely different way . . . and I love this film.
I checked both discs too and found the Blu-ray a big improvement over the DVD. Furthermore, this might be as good as it gets with this title so I rather have this Blu-ray in my collection than not to have it at all. I'm not getting any younger so I can't wait around forever hoping for something better to come down the road.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks