What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time Nov/Dec 2016 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg

EXCLUSIVE TWILIGHT TIME ANNOUNCEMENT

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these November/December Announcements. Enjoy!​
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 24 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!

tt1.png

TT2.png

I WANT TO LIVE! (1958) BLU-RAY - November 15th

MOBY DICK (1956) BLU-RAY - November 15th

MOSCOW ON THE HUDSON (1984) BLU-RAY - November 15th

PRETTY POISON (1968) BLU-RAY - November 15th

THE BOSTON STRANGLER (1968) BLU-RAY - November 15th

GRAN BOLLITO (aka BLACK JOURNAL, 1977) BLU-RAY - November 15th

STARDUST MEMORIES (1980) BLU-RAY - December 13th

NICHOLAS NICKLEBY (2002) BLU-RAY - December 13th

THE BAREFOOT CONTESSA (1954) BLU-RAY - December 13th

THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM (1944) BLU-RAY - December 13th

THE THREE WORLDS OF GULLIVER (1960) BLU-RAY - December 13th

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'll have five, most of all The Barefoot Contessa. It's a United Artists film which, I assume, means that the transfer comes from MGM. I'm a bit nervous about that because the DVD was weak with faded colors, and MGM's track record with high definition transfers is not unblemished. I hope this Blu-ray disc is a massive upgrade.

For those unfamiliar with The Barefoot Contessa, it's a Joseph Mankiewicz film with Jack Cardiff photographing Ava Gardner in Technicolor. Just to emphasize the influence of Pandora And The Flying Dutchman, Marius Goring is also in it, and splendidly too.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
A great collection of titles with something to appeal to most anyone. Any and all Bogie is always appreciated and there are others I'm interested in also. TT continues to be the place for classic film buffs.

2016 was an exceptional year - well done Nick and crew and looking forward to 2017.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Best selection ever!

For those unfamiliar with PRETTY POISON -- it's a true gem with Anthony Perkins in a thriller role quite unlike that of Norman Bates, and Tuesday Weld at her most ravishing and devious. Look for spoiler-free reviews on IMDB or elsewhere.

STARDUST MEMORIES grows on me. I did not like it in the theater when released, but over time I have found it to be less narcissistic and more humanistic and funny as a satire. And isn't this the third black & white Allen film in a row to come from TT? Well, there ain't none left. I've always appreciated that Allen used b&w so regularly while Hollywood stayed clear of it like it was contagious

3 WORLDS OF GULLIVER we knew was coming, but this closes the gap in the availability of Harryhausen Columbia titles. With ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. announced by Kino, the final missing Blu-ray from his15-feature film work (not counting THE ANIMAL WORLD) is VALLEY OF GWANGI, which has to come from Warner Bros. (Please close the book on this filmography, WB!)

MOBY DICK -- we knew about this one, too, but it had to have been a difficult transfer. The Blu-ray I imported from Australia was pretty awful, and I am praying this is not coming from the same source. I doubt TT would have accepted that same master, so I am optimistic.

I WANT TO LIVE! was until now one of the major missing UA titles from the 50's & 60's (THE DEFIANT ONES, THE MIRACLE WORKER, ONE TWO THREE and others are still in limbo) following a massive output from Kino and others a few years back. This is powerful anti-capital punishment stuff, and hasn't dated one bit since 1958.

With THE BAREFOOT CONTESSA we can tick off yet another Bogart classic from our want list. It's been a helluva year for his films!

THE BOSTON STRANGLER has been available in Europe for a couple of years, but it's nice to have it out here, hopefully with decent supplements.

I liked MOSCOW ON THE HUDSON, and Robin Williams is excellent in an early dramatic role, but I'm on the fence about buying it.

GRAN BOLLITO is a foreign-language film (with Shelley Winters!) about a serial killer that sounds interesting and which I might check out. Keep the foreign stuff coming, TT.... we're waiting patiently (while drumming our fingers) for Truffaut's SMALL CHANGE and THE WILD CHILD).

The remaining titles don't appeal to me as much, but this is an amazing announcement. Thanks, all of you at TT.

Last edited:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
GRAN BOLLITO, a companion to THE BOSTON STRANGLER, has a sufficiently bizarre cast (Shelley Winters, Max von Sydow, Rita Tushingham, Laura Antonelli) and enough obscurity value to get me interested.

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
I wonder if they will give us the Helen Craig footage cut pre-release from Keys of the Kingdom? It exists.

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
Absolutely bloody spectacular.

The Barefoot Contessa and Moby Dick are must-haves for me. Might get I Want To Live! and The Keys to the Kingdom as well later.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I'm in for '3 Worlds of Gulliver' - one of my favorite Herrmann film scores. Might blind-buy Barefoot Contessa, as I'm a big Bogart fan, but have never seen this one.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
A bounty of good stuff there with 6 titles on the "to buy" list. Barefoot Contessa (which I assume will finally be in its wide screen aspect ratio), Pretty Poison, Moby Dick, 3 Worlds Of Gulliver, I Want To Live and the unseen Gran Bollito just for that cast alone!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks