What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time Nov/Dec 2016 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Having seen before and afters from the TT Moby Dick, I can attest to the fact that anything and everything that might be done to create a higher quality, and more accurate representation of the film, based upon MGM's master, has occurred,

Nothing short of a full restoration, can create a finer product.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Having seen before and afters from the TT Moby Dick, I can attest to the fact that anything and everything that might be done to create a higher quality, and more accurate representation of the film, based upon MGM's master, has occurred,

Nothing short of a full restoration, can create a finer product.

That sounds good to me re: the Blu-ray. I presume by "full restoration" you mean going all the way back to whatever original elements still exist and then doing whatever can be done with them to re-create the original. In other words, spend a fortune that can never possibly be recouped. :)

Reactions: PMF

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Has anyone received a shipping notice for any of The December titles?

I ordered Keys Of The Kingdom through the TT site, but my order is still in the Awaiting Fulfillment status

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot

I ordered Keys Of The Kingdom through the TT site, but my order is still in the Awaiting Fulfillment status

My order for "The Three Worlds of Gulliver" plus a couple of the sale discs
was placed Nov 30 and still says
"Pending" (as of Tues Dec 13 4:30 PM EST);

Not 'pending' but awaiting with great anticipation
you will find me over the upcoming January release of "The Mad Magician/The Three Stooges" 3D Blu-ray,
which I await like a child expecting a second Christmas in January.

And I am hoping that "The Three Worlds of Gulliver" Blu-ray will look as good as some seem to imply.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Same here, I ordered three titles still in the Awaiting Fulfillment status.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
So, at this point, which is the best bet: ordering through Screen Archives or from TT's web site?
I have always ONLY ordered through Screen Archives and have never had any issues with shipment fulfillments, or excessively long waits. FWIW.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I have always ONLY ordered through Screen Archives and have never had any issues with shipment fulfillments, or excessively long waits. FWIW.

This describes my position exactly. I have never felt the need to switch from Screen Archives and I have recently pre-ordered The Barefoot Contessa.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I don't think, in this case, it matters which site you use.

In the few times when the release date has come and gone, it was a supply issue. Some of the titles just weren't ready in time. Some unforeseen issue delayed production. So both sites were without stock.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Twilight Time has 6 titles in December and Technicolor is probably still swamped. I would have been shocked if the December titles shipped by the Street Date.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was told that Twilight Time's site gets their supply of product a few days or so ahead of Screen Archives.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I was told that Twilight Time's site gets their supply of product a few days or so ahead of Screen Archives.

I believe TT's shipping & fulfillment are done via their replicator so, in theory, those orders should arrive sooner than those from Screen Archives. But in any case, it's only a difference of a couple of days.

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Speaking of replicators, the booklets in TT releases usually said something to the effect: "Manufactured at Cinram, Olyphant, PA". Reportedly, Cinram was purchased by Technicolor and manufacturing moved to Mexico. My most recent TT disc booklet (Moby Dick) gives no manufacturing credit.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
I received Awaiting Fulfillment e-mail from Twilight Time.com. It looks like orders directly from Technicolor are being prepped to move.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I got my Gulliver yesterday along with sale items Beloved Infidel and Oliver. From Screen Archives.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Just arrived! The 3 Worlds of Stardust Memories of the Barefoot Contessa:) I'll be busy tonight ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks