What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time July 2019 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
The President's Lady is a "was" on my 20 most wanted list now. Thank you, TT! Day one purchase for me. My top 20 include Barabbas, Pepe, Raintree County and Lord Jim, and good to hear other folks agree. I'd add Scaramouche, Ivanhoe, Prince of Players, Land of the Pharaohs and my dearly beloved Story of Ruth. Lady is a wonderful surprise!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
The President's Lady is a "was" on my 20 most wanted list now. Thank you, TT! Day one purchase for me. My top 20 include Barabbas, Pepe, Raintree County and Lord Jim, and good to hear other folks agree. I'd add Scaramouche, Ivanhoe, Prince of Players, Land of the Pharaohs and my dearly beloved Story of Ruth. Lady is a wonderful surprise!
I don't have a top 20 most wanted list. It's a top 120 list! All your top 20 are on my list too.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I don't have a top 20 most wanted list. It's a top 120 list! All your top 20 are on my list too.

I think I'll change mine to a top 120, too. Perhaps a top 420 would be better with beloved peplums, westerns and rare noirs in abundance.

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
10 North Frederick is a 20th Century Fox Cinemascope Picture so I’ll be getting that. And I worked on The Chairman and haven’t seen a decent print of it in decades! A fun movie to work on and rather a good one. J Lee Thompson was an amazing Director. The script girl told me one day how he’d been talking about a problem he foresaw on a particular shot. Took her a couple of hours before she realised he was talking about his next movie and was already working out his shots, halfway through shooting The Chairman. Lovely man Lee.

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
I think I'll change mine to a top 120, too. Perhaps a top 420 would be better with beloved peplums, westerns and rare noirs in abundance.
wouldn’t it be nice to get some really great restorations of Steve Reeve peplums like Last Days of Pompeii, Giant of Marathon, Romulus and Remus, Hercules Unchained, Etc. And get our Fox Cinemascope peplums like Esther and the King, The Story of Ruth, and any others they can find.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BeholdAPaleHorse_BD.jpg

BEHOLD A PALE HORSE DRAMA 811956022899

Cast: Gregory Peck, Anthony Quinn, Omar Sharif, Mildred Dunnock, Raymond Pellegrin, Paolo Stoppa

Director: Fred Zinnemann

Writer: J.P. Miller

Composer: Maurice Jarre

Special Features: Original Theatrical Trailer

LANGUAGE: English Ÿ VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 1.85:1 Ÿ

AUDIO: English 1.0 DTS-HD MA Ÿ SUBTITLES: English SDH

1964 / B&W Ÿ 121 MINUTES Ÿ NOT RATED

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
TheChairman_BD.jpg

THE CHAIRMAN ACTION THRILLER 811956022905

Cast: Gregory Peck, Anne Heywood, Arthur Hill, Alan Dobie, Conrad Yama, Ric Young, Burt Kwuok, Keye Luke

Director: J. Lee Thompson

Writer: Ben Maddow

Composer: Jerry Goldsmith

Special Features: Isolated Music Track (with some effects) / Audio Commentary with Film Historians Eddy Friedfeld and Lee Pfeiffer / The Chairman Mini-Film / Two Alternate Scenes from International Version / Original Theatrical Trailer

LANGUAGE: English Ÿ VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1 Ÿ

AUDIO: English 2.0 DTS-HD MA / English 1.0 DTS-HD MA Ÿ SUBTITLES: English SDH

1969 / Color Ÿ 98 MINUTES Ÿ RATED PG

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
ThePresidentsLady_BD.jpg

THE PRESIDENT’S LADY DRAMA 811956022912

Cast: Susan Hayward, Charlton Heston, John McIntire, Fay Bainter, Whitfield Connor, Carl Betz, Charles Dingle

Director: Henry Levin

Writer: John Patrick

Composer: Alfred Newman

Special Features: Isolated Music Track / Vintage The President’s Lady Radio Show / Original Theatrical Trailer

LANGUAGE: English Ÿ VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 1.33:1 Ÿ

AUDIO: English 1.0 DTS-HD MA Ÿ SUBTITLES: English SDH

1953 / B&W Ÿ 98 MINUTES Ÿ NOT RATED

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
10NorthFrederick_BD.jpg

TEN NORTH FREDERICK DRAMA 811956022929

Cast: Gary Cooper, Diane Varsi, Suzy Parker, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Tom Tully, Ray Stricklyn, Stuart Whitman

Director: Philip Dunne

Writer: Philip Dunne

Composer: Leigh Harline

Special Features: Isolated Music Track

AUDIO: English 2.0 DTS-HD MA Ÿ SUBTITLES: English SDH

1958 / B&W Ÿ 102 MINUTES Ÿ NOT RATED

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Both Ivanhoe and Land of the Pharaohs have had superb HD transmissions on BBC TV in the UK. Love both. Ivanhoe has the shot of Elizabeth Taylor at a window that made everyone gasp, so beautiful did she look.
How many more times are we going to have to beg for Raintree County to get the Blu Ray restoration it deserves?

Last edited by a moderator:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
TEN NORTH FREDERICK DRAMA 811956022929

Cast: Gary Cooper, Diane Varsi, Suzy Parker, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Tom Tully, Ray Stricklyn, Stuart Whitman

Director: Philip Dunne

Writer: Philip Dunne

Composer: Leigh Harline

Special Features: Isolated Music Track

AUDIO: English 2.0 DTS-HD MA Ÿ SUBTITLES: English SDH

1958 / B&W Ÿ 102 MINUTES Ÿ NOT RATED

Too bad it's not 4.0 or 5.1. Hopefully the 2.0 is stereo surround.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just received word from Twilight Time...

The President's Lady is being pushed back to August.

Also, in case you are not aware...

TwilightTimeMovies is having a massive sale. 25% and more off all in-stock titles including those from ClassicFlix.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
WHEW! I noticed that President's Lady was all of a sudden missing from the pre-order list at ScreenArchives. Scared the (what ptb said) right out of me! So glad it's coming in August.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks