What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Hi from Fox! (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
"My Friend Flicka" -- the TV series-- on DVD. Box set! There's an unauthorized set available that's full of really poor prints. This was the first TV series filmed entirely in color by a major studio and it should be available. It also happens to be a damned good series.

Edward Weinman

Stunt Coordinator
Fox issued a non blu-ray "Forever Amber" which only hints at the technicolor that could have been achieved via restoration. \\

And, on top of that the remarkable musical score by David Raksin, which was oscar nominated, could have been possibly balanced with the other sound track elements into a stereo sound track.

The origional sound track,conducted by Alfred Newman and performed by the 20th Century Fox orchestra is available in stereo and, for those who love film music, I could think of no other recomendation to put on the top your CD lists for purchase. The score was arranged in four movements, akin to a four movement symphony, and flows beautifully. I understand that Mr. Raksin was presented with the CD recording for his approval. It is just beautiful. I've listened to it many times over the years without seeing the film until last month when I purchased the DVD.

It just seems to me that the film and the music presented in blu-ray and in stereo would make a marvelous addition to the Fox library to be offered to the public.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This, technically, isn't piling on since it has already been mentioned by others.

But count me among those who are really surprised Fox hasn't found some way to release a complete

series of St. Elsewhere.

Thanks, in advance, James.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I added some requests to my requests.. I hope you will look at it again, along with everyone else to just make sure you got them all covered ! :)

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Fox has really been kind to classic film fans and I am thankful for the wonderful blu-ray titles that have made it into my collection. Sure hoping for more pre-60's titles like Boy on a Dolphin, The Story of Ruth, Esther and the King, Beneath the 12-Mile Reef, Captain From Castile, The President's Lady and Prince of Players. The two Kazan at Fox collections were brilliant and are among my most prized BDs. Might we see something like that again?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
While I have a number of Fox movies in my collection I also can not wait to add still more classic Fox titles. I have seen a number of 4K restorations and Fox is doing a great job! The one movie that I am dying to get is the one I grew up with and that is the original 1977 theatrical Star Wars on UHD Blu-ray or at least at minimum on 1080p Blu-ray. But I am sure that Fox has a number of surprises for us and I believe we will be very happy once they make the announcements on the titles and release dates. Thank you in advance James.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
I don't exactly know how it will work, but Disney now owns a stake in the Star Wars franchise, so any original cut of all three 'original' Star Wars movies will have to suffer their input as well. However, Disney has given some indication they intend to go back to the beginning with their pending Star Wars sequel. We'll see!

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
David Steigman said:
Would you consider doing some of the Charlie Chan and Mr Moto films on blu ray ?

Yes! If you could* release these four films on Blu-ray you would have my undying respect and gratitude. (And I'd even buy them.)

Charlie Chan Carries On
Charlie Chan's Chance
Charlie Chan's Greatest Case
Charlie Chan's Courage

* I can dream can't I?

---------------

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Giovanni DN said:
Greetings, Mr. Finn! Any chance to see a blu-ray releases of The Flight of the Phoenix ('65), The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai and Pink Panther series?

Thx in advance.

Flight of the Phoenix seconded. If Fox doesn't have any plans, could you drop us a hint and let us know if it has been licensed by another studio/label? Also, any chance of a remaster for Von Ryan's Express? BTW, I miss the old DVD Collector's Edition-style packaging with the beautiful slipboxes adorned by original theatrical artwork - any plans of bringing that style of packaging back with Blu-ray? Thanks and welcome back!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
My number one movie requests is the rest of Marilyn Monroe from Fox on BD and including Marilyn 1963. Marilyn 63 cannot in BD than in MOD.

Let's Make Love Don't Bother to Knock and Marilyn the Final Days with the restored Somethings Got To Give by Kevin Burns all in HD

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
ScottHM said:
Yes! If you could* release these four films on Blu-ray you would have my undying respect and gratitude. (And I'd even buy them.)

Charlie Chan Carries On
Charlie Chan's Chance
Charlie Chan's Greatest Case
Charlie Chan's Courage

* I can dream can't I?

---------------

That would be a dream come true, but at this moment I would love to see any of the Chan's make it to HD

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
STOP usually means STOP! No more, assez, basta, etc.! Allow Mr Finn the time to answer questions without further bombardment. We all want our favorites to be released. Many will be pleased; many will be disappointed. But for the time being, please respect Mr Finn's polite wish to STOP.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
bujaki said:
STOP usually means STOP! No more, assez, basta, etc.! Allow Mr Finn the time to answer questions without further bombardment. We all want our favorites to be released. Many will be pleased; many will be disappointed. But for the time being, please respect Mr Finn's polite wish to STOP.

But of course, everybody thinks "Well, he doesn't mean me, he means everybody else!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks