What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The phrase "moral right" is basically nonsense designed to sound more meaningful than it really is.
On this we disagree. If an author does not want their work to be used for purposes with which they clearly disagree, that is a moral objection. It's not the same as the common definition of moral, and hardly nonsense.

Time to stop flogging this dead horse. When we start advocating for the way things ought to be for the entire public, we start verging into politics, which are clearly forbidden on this forum.

Again, back to regularly scheduled programming.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
On this we disagree. If an author does not want their work to be used for purposes with which they clearly disagree, that is a moral objection.

OK, I get that. But James Cameron objecting to Aliens or True Lies or The Abyss being released in their original theatrical forms, with grain and colors as he himself originally photographed them before changing his mind years after-the-fact, is not a moral objection. It's just Jim Cameron being an a--hole.

Time to stop flogging this dead horse. When we start advocating for the way things ought to be for the entire public, we start verging into politics, which are clearly forbidden on this forum.

Just like a lawyer to bring politics into a discussion about art. :laugh:

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I just checked in to see how one of my favorite HTF threads is doing (the other one being The Abyss). After reading a thoughtful exploration of the legal morality raised by the recent ALIENS Blu-Ray transfer—as compared and contrasted to taking a dump on some geese sculptures—I can assert being fully satisfied and can sleep soundly now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gjames2190
Recent bookmarks