What's new

My wishlist of Disney films needs to be released on 4K Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Fantasia (preferably both restored roadshow version and the general release version)
At this stage, the only way I see Fantasia being worth a rerelease on disc is if it’s released with an uncensored roadshow version, which screams some sort of limited edition boutique release.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I can never imagine an uncensored roadshow Fantasia being released. It would have to be cut. The ridiculous censoring of Song of the South has been well covered on this site I believe. Iger has achieved a total collapse where reason is concerned. Was it Bloomberg who said he has turned Disney into a yard sale?

Utah Saints

Auditioning
Real Name
Callum Precious
Our hopes is to get the unedited versions of The Muppet Show series into Blu-ray first (instead of 4K) because some of the certain songs needs to be restored despite copyright problems, comparing to Disney+.

For Hamilton (a Disney+ Original musical experience), it would have both edited and unedited versions on a 4K UHD Blu-ray in the UK which has three F-words on "Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)", "Washington on Your Side", and "Say No to This". But it would still received a 12 rating or else historically a 15 rating for Walt Disney Pictures due to this? The US would retain the normal edited version of it to bear it in mind.

The original 1995 version of The Return Of Jafar would be restored on a 4K Blu-ray since the special edition DVD of it in 2005.

There are several films would require a disclaimer that would be added into a Blu-ray release in the UK regarding Songs of the South, a Davy Crockett double bill, Victory Through Air Power, among others.

For The Santa Clause (1994), the inappropriate number (appeared in the film) would be restored into Blu-ray release in the UK but the classification of the film itself would changed from a U rating to a PG rating - same applies to Make Mine Music because of a gunfight sequence and other regarding themes.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Man, I just want to be able to possess a decent copy of Darby O'Gill or Something Wicked This way Comes, Both of those BD were Abominations!! I waste of time and showed absolutly no remorse or attrition for the pathetic edition Disney tossed upon a hopeful customer!!!

Utah Saints

Auditioning
Real Name
Callum Precious
Quiz Show, The Color of Money, the hitchcocks, Pirates 1, Up, Toy Story 3, Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast and some of the titles are already out on Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray the past decade. Quiz Show is defiantly on that list. However, recently, Pirates of the Caribbean films are already out in 4K since March respectively

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Quiz Show, The Color of Money, the hitchcocks, Pirates 1, Up, Toy Story 3, Beauty and the Beast
Half of those are already out on 4K UHD disc, which kinda proves the point that people barely even notice when titles come out in 4K, let alone actually buy them. :rolleyes:

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I love the sincere hopes you guys have here but I don’t think you are likely to see a single one of these movies on disk. These catalog titles are the bread and butter that streaming services use as catnip to get people who don’t want the latest and greatest action flicks to sign up for.

True but there's still a sizable slice of physical media pie left that these streaming-minded companies are ignoring. They're literally leaving money on the table. Does this make ANY sense to anyone? They can cater to both markets and, who knows, maybe even expand their streaming base. A happy customer is a return customer. I swear, they've got the wrong kind of bean counters running these studios.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It makes total sense to me. All digital is their future whether we like it or not. I get there is a sizable chunk of people who want shiny plastic disks to continue forever but that’s not going to happen for economic and ecological reasons

From Disney’s perspective 1/1000th of their customer base cares about absolute av quality and the move to digital music only cemented that in their minds.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Man, I just want to be able to possess a decent copy of Darby O'Gill or Something Wicked This way Comes, Both of those BD were Abominations!! I waste of time and showed absolutly no remorse or attrition for the pathetic edition Disney tossed upon a hopeful customer!!!
I've watched Darby O' Gill and the Little People on Disney Plus. Is that better than the blu-ray that you mention ?

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
I've watched Darby O' Gill and the Little People on Disney Plus. Is that better than the blu-ray that you mention ?

I think it’s the same transfer as the Blu-Ray. The main difference between the Blu-Ray and the Disney Plus transfer is that the Blu-Ray uses the original dub heard in its original release whereas Disney Plus uses a redub which unfortunately removes some of the thick accents (primarily Darby and King Brian) as well as the film’s few smatterings of Gaelic.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Our hopes is to get the unedited versions of The Muppet Show series into Blu-ray first (instead of 4K) because some of the certain songs needs to be restored despite copyright problems, comparing to Disney+.
While I can understand a Blu-ray release of the Muppet Show to some degree given its PAL provenance and somewhat higher resolution (576i), 4K would be utterly pointless. Unlike other British TV shows of the same era which had exteriors shot on film, The Muppet Show had no exterior photography.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The Mouse just can't do it right!!! SAd that it looked better than the BD editions...Sad!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks