What's new

My wishlist of Disney films needs to be released on 4K Blu-ray? (2 Viewers)

Utah Saints

Auditioning
Real Name
Callum Precious
Hi. Forgive me if i introduce myself to all of you guys first. I'm Callum and i'm new to this forum.

So while most of the Disney films have already been recently out on 4K Blu-ray as the company turns 100 this year, there are my wishlist of some of the Walt Disney Pictures films that are yet to be out unaltered (or already unaltered) on 4K Blu-ray but it may have been subject to many countries where you are like this:

• The Three Musketeers (1993), The Day After Tomorrow (2004, both Theatrical and Extended), White Fang (1991), The Robe (1953), Planet of the Apes collection (1968-2001), The Adventures in Babysitting (1987), Free Solo (2016?, documentary), The Big Trail (1930, five years before the merger between 20th Century Pictures and Fox Film Corporation to become 20th Century Fox; now 20th Century Studios).
I will include those, that were originally or currently available on Disney+, next week. Also, i included the ones from 20th Century Studios that are now under the Walt Disney Pictures umbrella. So which other films that you would love to add to its future 4K release and Blu-ray re-release?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
While so many of the classic Disney catalog is MIA in Bluray, and even some titles in dvd lost within the confines of the Disney vault...searching for upgraded Disney 4K releases are about the lowest rung of interest to many.
But I'll play along...what about 20,000 Leages Under the Sea, Swiss Family Robinson, a remastered Love Bug Boxset, Davey Crockett, Zorro?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I love the sincere hopes you guys have here but I don’t think you are likely to see a single one of these movies on disk. These catalog titles are the bread and butter that streaming services use as catnip to get people who don’t want the latest and greatest action flicks to sign up for.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Well, wishing is nice but sometimes we just need to face reality. Heck, I'd love to see some Disney titles out that still haven't been released on blu ray (The Moonspinners, Light In The Forest, Third Man On The Mountain, That Darn Cat, Castaway Cowboy etc.) much less 4K UHD. But I'm not holding my breath for either.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Hi. Forgive me if i introduce myself to all of you guys first. I'm Callum and i'm new to this forum.

So while most of the Disney films have already been recently out on 4K Blu-ray as the company turns 100 this year, there are my wishlist of some of the Walt Disney Pictures films that are yet to be out unaltered (or already unaltered) on 4K Blu-ray but it may have been subject to many countries where you are like this:

• The Three Musketeers (1993), The Day After Tomorrow (2004, both Theatrical and Extended), White Fang (1991), The Robe (1953), Planet of the Apes collection (1968-2001), The Adventures in Babysitting (1987), Free Solo (2016?, documentary), The Big Trail (1930, five years before the merger between 20th Century Pictures and Fox Film Corporation to become 20th Century Fox; now 20th Century Studios).
I will include those, that were originally or currently available on Disney+, next week. Also, i included the ones from 20th Century Studios that are now under the Walt Disney Pictures umbrella. So which other films that you would love to add to its future 4K release and Blu-ray re-release?
Love the Apes, but not a Walt Disney Pictures film. Idk what might benefit from 4K, but here are some thoughts: Treasure Island, 20,000 Leagues, Island at the Top of the World, Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book. The last is a favorite and really managed to capture the spirit of 1930s adventure films imo.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I don't think we will ever see catalogue films of Disney on 4k (except for the classic animation films).
That said, I would love Armageddon and Pearl Harbor, but I'm hot holding my breath.
Maybe I should buy them already?

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
I don't think we will ever see catalogue films of Disney on 4k (except for the classic animation films).
That said, I would love Armageddon and Pearl Harbor, but I'm hot holding my breath.
Maybe I should buy them already?

While it’s partially animated, I could see Disney possibly doing a 4K of Mary Poppins at some point in the future, though I do see your point.

Utah Saints

Auditioning
Real Name
Callum Precious
In the UK, however, 4K releases of those films is about to become common now imo.

If Armageddon and Pearl Harbor moved from Touchstone Pictures to Walt Disney Pictures, it could become likely that they would be out on 4K Blu-ray at some stage in the UK in the future but not during Disney's anniversary year though.

I have a list of some of the Disney+ films that have been removed from the service earlier this year including but not limited to: The One and Only Ivan, Crater, and Flora & Ulysses.

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
Dr Syn Alias the Scarecrow was shown on US tv the very same evening 4 guys from Liverpool debuted on the Ed Sullivan show.Feb 9 1964.I did buy some fun Disney moves on Amazon Prime in HD.Happiest Millionaire and Monkeys Uncle among them.
https://disneydetail.me/2013/02/09/february-9-2/

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
While it’s partially animated, I could see Disney possibly doing a 4K of Mary Poppins at some point in the future, though I do see your point.

The use of opticals to merge live action and animation in those days make those movies like Mary Poppins or the original Pete's Dragon problematic for 4K releases. It's probably the big reason -- aside from Disney's reluctance to release more catalog titles -- we're unlikely to ever see a 4K release of Tron.

Same with some of the big classic SF/adventure films under Disney's control, such as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Utah Saints

Auditioning
Real Name
Callum Precious
The use of opticals to merge live action and animation in those days make those movies like Mary Poppins or the original Pete's Dragon problematic for 4K releases. It's probably the big reason -- aside from Disney's reluctance to release more catalog titles -- we're unlikely to ever see a 4K release of Tron.

Same with some of the big classic SF/adventure films under Disney's control, such as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Journey to the Center of the Earth.
I see. I got to believe that it is certain that it is depending on whenever other Disney titles could be coming out on 4K Blu-ray. In the UK, however, it could be very likely because in my opinion there are increasing demand for other titles to be released on a 4K Blu-ray (e.g. the live action 101 Dalmatians [plus the sequel 102 Dalmatians]) - otherwise it would be out on just a normal Blu-ray - but it'll take a long time in doing that as far as i'm aware of it so it's up to Disney for that but it is highly unlikely it would be common in the US due to streaming all along.

But the good news is that normal Blu-rays are supported on a 4K Blu-ray players whenever you are.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Fantasia (preferably both restored roadshow version and the general release version)
The Rescuers
Robin Hood
Fantasia 2000
The Rescuers Down Under

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks