What's new

Hi from Fox! (1 Viewer)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Please let me add my hope for more 1950s Cinemascope films, starting with THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE, and including THE PRINCE OF PLAYERS, TEN NORTH FREDERICK and THE VISIT. Actually, ALL the films that Fox has released pan and scan as DVD-Rs. Crossing my fingers ...

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Being a John Wayne fanatic, I'd love to see a double bill of 1931's "Girl's Demand Excitment" and "Three Girls Lost". These films have never been released on home video before, so what a splash for FOX to release them for the first time in high def!

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
Guys, you need to cool it with all these replies. If we get too far away from my original post with my very important questions and requests, then James will miss it, and not be able to answer my burning questions and satisfy my burning desires with Fox Blu-rays.

I think we should all agree to stop posting here from right...now!

Also, my original post, in case you missed it, James, is right here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/341141-hi-from-fox/page-2#entry4253140

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Mr. Finn - thanks for checking in. Fox has been doing great BD lately (including those through Twilight Time). My requests are:

Modern Family - return to BD

Long Hot Summer - one of my wife's favs

Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte

Thanks for your consideration!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
How about "Two For the Road" Can't get enough Audrey Hepburn. Maybe release it when Paramount releases "My Fair Lady" and piggyback on that release. Hope you release it rather than Twilight Time but I wouldn't mind if you leased it to Criterion.

Thanks to Fox Connect for yesterday's Complete Bond Flash Sale. $80 was a great price for that set.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
The X-Files on blu-ray is one of my few holy grails! The original Bedazzled, The Abyss, The Beach, A Life Less Ordinary, and Solaris would also be fantastic to see on blu-ray!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Would the X-Files have been edited and finished on tape? If so they would have to go back to the original film elements to produce blu rays. I know its not as effects heavy as a Star Trek series but I am sure it would still be costly.

iaf6

Auditioning
Real Name
IF
I'd have to agree with other posters and say that, as far as I'm concerned, the X-Files series is the holiest of holy grails of material not yet released on Blu-ray. As we know that the content has already been remastered in HD for streaming, I'd love for Fox to release a Blu-ray in anticipation of the upcoming revivial.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Too many Fox titles missing from our hi-def movie-going experience.

My plugs for newly remastered Blu-ray releases are as follows. Titles in bold would be my first picks.

Anastasia (1956)

Star!

Wilson - one of the most underrated masterpieces in the Fox catalog!

Peyton Place

Call Me Madam

With A Song In My Heart

Springtime in the Rockies

Thin Ice

Alexander's Ragtime Band

Miracle on 34th Street (remastered!!!!)

The King & I (remastered)

A Royal Scandal

Doctor Doolittle (Rex Harrison)

Two For The Road

Staircase

Anna and The King (Jodie Foster/Chow Yun Fat)

A Midsummer Night's Dream (Calista Flockhart)

Don't Bother To Knock

The House on Telegraph Hill - sadly underrated Richard Basehart

I Wake Up Screaming

Down Argentine Way - best example of the 40's Fox musical

That Night In Rio

I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now

Dark Corner

Boomerang

Pinky

A Man Called Peter

The Longest Day (remastered)

True Lies

The Abyss

As for TV releases - pretty please, St. Elsewhere and Picket Fences in a complete series box sets. One of the finest TV dramedies of all time!!! If Universal can do it with their newly minted Little House on the Prairie franchise, looking decades younger than ever, and at a price point that has made the series feasibly collectible, I really don't see why these can't make it to hi-def too.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Hello Finn. Right, that's the niceties taken care of. Now, with Universal doing a great job of redoing some of their titles, Apollo 13 & the forthcoming Spartacus, so howsabout a remastered, Longest Day & Die Hard & Planet Of The Apes (titles I think you've already redone), but the person that makes them too blue/cold, give 'em another job, loading up the scanner or something. Thanks.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i'm also in for answers for xfiles on bluray. at this point might as well shoot for 4k assuming remaster was done at 4k?

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Hi Mr. Finn

I second *thank you* for the widescreen Hand of Death DVD. I hope that

Space-Master X7 will be given a release on MOD or blu ray as well.

Would you consider doing some of the Charlie Chan and Mr Moto films on blu ray ?

And also I really want these titles on blu ray

The Fly II

The Lost World - 1960

I Wake Up Screaming

Peyton Place

The Brasher Doubloon

Vicki

Dangerous Crossing

Daisy Kenyon

Cry of the City

The Omen IV

The Abyss

The Fantastic Four Extended cut

Thank you for your consideration :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks