What's new

DeepDiscount 20% off sale Spring 2008 (1 Viewer)

arsh

Second Unit

Thanks! But does First Blood (Rambo 1) comes in Rambo Collection (Rambo films 1 thru 3) package?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yes, "Rambo 1" *is* First Blood. The collection includes the first three films on BD and all four films on SD-DVD.

The films are (in release order):

First Blood
Rambo: First Blood Part II
Rambo III
Rambo

Although they seem to have added a subtitle to the last one. Strangest series of film titles yet. . .

arsh

Second Unit
Thanks Aaron, my DD pre order for 1 LGE024054 BLR : RAMBO 1-3 BOXSET $ 27.88 , has been shipped! So I can keep First Blood and sell or trade other two. Kool.

John Stockton

Second Unit

But beware that they do charge sales tax for some states, like CA. With the tax the price ends up being more than DD.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
And there's talk that WalMart starts a BluRay sale on June 7. Not sure where I read that (somewhere here, no doubt).

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
When comparing prices between DD and DVDPlanet, you should also be aware that DVDPlanet no longer offers free shipping. The last time I ordered from DVDPlanet their Super Saver Shipping cost $1.50

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Planet offers free shipping on orders over $35. That's after any discounts have been applied. They also give you frequent buyers points. I canlt remember exactly how these work, but I think you get something like $5 in points credits for every $100 you spend.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Ah, that explains it. They used to only require a minimum $25. My last order was over $25 but less than $35, so I assumed they had done away with free shipping.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
No problem, Arsh. For $28 I might bite the bullet and upgrade my Rambos as well.

I thought it was kinda strange when my DVD Planet cart said "Free Shipping: $1.50," but I added another item and it went away, so I didn't think too much of it. :)

The Walmart sale is about a dozen titles of varying interest for $15 each. I forget which ones, but if you google "Walmart Blu-Ray Sale" you'll find the list.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mike:

The number of times it is used doesn't matter except to let DD know that our members are shopping from them because of all of you that order using the code.

Encase anyone that didn't know already this code is for DD only and not for DVD Planet or any other DVD vendor.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I would certainly hope that might convince DeepDiscount to spring some advertising dollars your way...if they knew a lot of HTFers were shopping with them. :)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Rats, placed a $510 order before I saw that there was an HTF code (HTF01 for those who got here late). Well, I'll keep it in mind since I invariably place another order of stuff I forgot in the first one.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So are we sure that the sale runs till the 22nd? I seem to recall that it only ran for a week in the past.

And anyone know how long the concurant sale at DVD planet is going on for?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
The end dates for both should be the same- and DDs officially ends on the 22.
I was incorrect about the point system. You need 200 points (spend $200) to get $5 in credit .

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

DD sale is always more then 1 week, a couple times it was extended and was about 3 weeeks.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Digital Video Essentials HD Basics in BluRay is only $16 during this sale!!!

IMO, this should be a standard in everybody's collection and no display should be viewed without using this test disc first.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So when do the preorders switch over to live? Tonight at midnight? I'd like to get my mitts on the popeye set that comes out tommrow.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I forget. If I want to place an order...but some titles are listed as "In Stock" and others are listed as "Out of Stock"...am I better off placing two different orders to get the in-stock items without waiting for the others?

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator

No, I'm pretty sure they ship them as they become available. without extra charge like amazon.

I could be wrong though...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks