What's new

Movie Zyng: Warner Archive 15th Anniversary sale 4 for $49 at MovieZyng (+S/H) - March 21 - March 28, 2024 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
3t0n8Vy.jpeg

Movie Zyng: Warner Archive 15th Anniversary sale 4 for $49
March 21 - March 28, 2024
Apply code: ARCHIVE15
The offer appears to be adding automatically however

Shipping/Handling -- 4 titles is $5.96 + $0.99 ea additional item
After the 4th title each additional item is $12.25 so no need to buy in groups of 4
It does appear that most states still aren't being charged Sales Tax (IL is an exception)

Or if it makes you feel better -- $13.24 ea (min 4) + $2 Flat Rate Shipping
As usual -- some of these have been cheaper elsewhere, many have not for a very long time.

These appear to be mostly the single disc titles though I've not checked for exceptions - 400+ titles.
I'm seeing titles released through the end of January 2024

1st official day of the sale and the website is running slow. I actually looked af the site early in the week with no signs of a sale, but some say they were able to place an order with the sale sometime last night.

I checked a few of the 14.98 re-release titles and 19.98/19.99 titles and they're coming up 4 for 49 as well so probably should the $15 title. of the 424 items list there are only 13 $15 and 26 $20 titles. Anything the if above 21.99 appears to be excluded.

There also appear to be at least a few older 21.99 single disc titles that either aren't eligible or got left off accidentally (happens every sale) -- Accidental Tourist, Green Slime, etc. It's possible if CSR is notified those might get added as the sale progresses

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I understand they ship internationally?

They do -- or at least to most countries now. They originally were having difficulty with the EU/UK rules after Brexit but I think they've got that straight now. Quite a few of the EU folks find these MZ sales are much cheaper than buying locally even after accounting for Vat and shipping. I'm not sure in the International VAT rules in the FAQ are 100% UTD, but if I find more I'll post and update

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I want so many from this label, 40-50 titles, and I don't know what to pick first! :( :lol:

edit: I wanted to ask: do they make such sales for WAC in regular intervals (like let's say B&N and Criterion), or this is just once?

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I want so many from this label, 40-50 titles, and I don't know what to pick first! :( :lol:

edit: I wanted to ask: do they make such sales for WAC in regular intervals (like let's say B&N and Criterion), or this is just once?

MovieZyng took over the WAC sales once Warner pulled their products from WB Shop 3 years ago (despite the name they haven't been owned/operated by Warner since early 2015). I think the 12th Anniversary Sale in 2021 was the last WBShop handled.

MovieZyng then took over direct sale of WAC products. MovieZyng is the direct sales arm of Allied Vaughn who has actually produced most of the Warner Archives BD and DVD MOD for 15 yrs (both the burned and pressed DVD and pressed BD) as well as working with many other studios on various MOD disc lins. Until they took over WAC product, they were a very very small retailer and probably sold more from their tiny studio lines than from major studios. Amazon was expected to take over WAC and was often touted as the Official WA Store, but honestly they never did much except have occasion sales on some of the more recent releases and have all but ignored everything prior to 2022 and all the DVDs. Basically all bluster and advertising, no followthrough

If my notes are right -- MZ had the 13th Anniversary Sale in March 2022, and 14th in March 2023, and now 2024. They ran one similar 4/49 sale late SUmmer 2022. At least one or maybe both the 2022 sales included many DVD. Nov 2022 they had a sale more oriented toward their Multidisc sets -- 33% off when buying 2+. 2023 -- only one full sale and a couple very small 3 for $40 type sales but only allowed 3 per order so if you wanted more you had to buy in groups of 3 and pay the full S/H each order -- not really very helpful honestly.

DeepDiscount used to run similar sales as WBShop pretty regularly (35-50+% off) and often had much better deals on the Multidisc and Boxsets. THose sales all but went away in 2021 and the best deal on WAC I've seen from them worked out to around 25-30% off select items.

In addition -- Barnes and Noble used to have some really nice deals a couple times a year - 40% off +10% member discounts and sometimes extra 10-20% off coupons. I bought tons of them from BN for $7-10 ea. Target.com B2G1 deals often featured WAC and well as Sony/Universal Aliied Vaughn discs so $9-12ea weren't uncommon. Bullmoose - a small independent store in hte NE US often had $13-15 WAC. All of these various outlets have basically quit selling any Allied Vaughn discs or at least quit selling for less than $19-20ea..

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Copied from DVD Talk. Some discs are currently cheaper or almost as cheap currently at Amazon. As mentioned MovieZyng charges shipping but does not charge sales tax except in Illinois.

Anna Christie $11.99
Great Ziegfeld $13.89
Christopher Strong $10.49
Queen Christina $11.10
Little Women (1933) $11.40
Border Incident $13.29
Last Time I Saw Paris $13.10
Fastest Gun Alive $12.10
Double Trouble $11.49
Spinout $11.40
i’ll Cry Tomorrow $12.99
A Star Is Born (1937) $11.49
Boy With Green Hair $9.00
Best Years of Our Lives $11.71
Lullaby of Broadway $6.50
For Me And My Gal $12.30
In the Good Old Summertime $13.43
Madame Curie $10.20
Carey Treatment $10.49
Gaslight $12.68
Take Me Out To The Ballgame $13.82
Looney Tunes Vol. 2 $11.99

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I jumped on these ~
Frankenstein 1970 888574712303
Store: Hollywood Shop
1​
$21.99​
$21.99​
Mad Love 883929782369
1​
$21.99​
$21.99​
Santa Fe Trail 883929778195
1​
$21.99​
$21.99​
Stalking Moon, The 883929712243
1​
$21.99​
$21.99​

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Copied from DVD Talk. Some discs are currently cheaper or almost as cheap currently at Amazon. As mentioned MovieZyng charges shipping but does not charge sales tax except in Illinois.

I had forgotten they don't charge/collect sales tax. Sales tax for me for this sale (here in NYC) would be almost as much as their shipping cost, so that's almost like getting free shipping compared to Amazon and most other places. :D:cool:

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Is anyone else having trouble logging into their account?

Doesn't seem to be working for me even after I tried changing the password (more than once) and trying different the MS Edge browser instead of Chrome. The site clearly recognizes my email for login (and let's me change my password), but the login keeps failing.

I remember there were some previous issues w/ their site in the past, but don't recall this kind of login failure.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, despite the login failures, I went ahead and placed an order w/ my login info anyway -- the checkout page is kinda odd in letting you use your login+password and then presumably (re)creates(?) the account and logs you in I suppose.

My order:

* Angel Face
* Angels with Dirty Faces
* A Day at the Races
* Dinner at Eight
* Gentleman Jim
* King Kong (1933) -- yeah, I know, this was (very) loooong overdue, heh :P
* Rancho Notorious
* The Sea Wolf
* Tarzan, the Ape Man

_Man_

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I'm trying to make a purchase, and my payment is declined. I have a VISA card.
I don't understand the reason. It says:

Declined Reason: DECLINED - {"avs_code":"U","cvv_code":"P","response_code":"1352"}

Does anyone know what does this mean?
I was able to make a payment the other day from amazon.
(I sent an email in the meantime to customer service. I hope they respond soon, before the sale ends)

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Not sure -- often it stems from you Bank not authorizing a large international payment from a small unknown retailer. CSR said they were having issues with Paypal so that option was removed a couple days ago.

Normally their CS is very fast to respond during regular weekdays, but with this massive sale compared to their usually daily volume it may take a bit longer to hear back.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, I almost cancelled my order because they didn't take PayPal, but decided to just use my Visa which seemed to work OK.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I normally ignore Movie Zyng sales as the prices just aren't all that good... However, there are several titles I've been wanting that have *never* gone below ~$17 (at least that I've seen) so I sucked it up and ordered them along with the newly released A Day at the Races (as it's new and not yet dropped this low):

Attack of the 50ft. Woman
Colossus of Rhodes, The
Day At The Races, A
Devil Doll, The
Giant Behemoth, The
Land of the Pharaohs, The
Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean, The
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
Queen of Outer Space
Village Of The Damned

~$13.50 each after shipping - that's good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks