What's new

Warner Archive 4 for $49 Sale (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Warner Archive is currently having a 4 for $49 sale (you will need to enter coupon code ARCHIVE822 at checkout), with additional titles just $12.25.

There are 1,521 titles to choose from (DVD and Blu-ray), and include 42nd Street, A Night at the Opera, A Mighty Wind, A Star is Born (1976), A Streetcar Named Desire, Freebie and the Bean, American Flyers, Bronco Billy, Deathtrap, Fandango, Cabaret, Corvette Summer, Man Who Would Be King, Quick Change, Hudsucker Proxy, etc.

The sale runs from 8/8 thru 8/14/2022.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Got Billy Budd, Kismet, The Golden Arrow and The Yearling in bd.
Also, once the 4th title is chosen the discount kicks in...just FYI!!

Last edited:

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Blu-rays I'm considering for this sale....

36 Hours
A Patch of Blue
Billy Budd
Ride the High Country
Summer Stock
Young Man With a Horn

I haven't actually seen any of these. On the other hand I've already got several blu-rays on my shelves that I haven't watched even once, and I promised myself to watch them before I got more.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

36 Hours
A Patch of Blue
Billy Budd
Ride the High Country
Summer Stock
Young Man With a Horn

I haven't actually seen any of these. On the other hand I've already got several blu-rays on my shelves that I haven't watched even once, and I promised myself to watch them before I got more.
Welcome Ben! Club meetings were on Tuesdays. The vice-president (we've put off electing the president until maybe next year) has decided to put off regular meetings until a later date ;)!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero

36 Hours
A Patch of Blue
Billy Budd
Ride the High Country
Summer Stock
Young Man With a Horn

All quite good; the Peckinpah is the pick of the pack. Go for them.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
My order was shipped today:
The Clock
Ziegfeld Girl
For Me and My Gal
Bachelor in Paradise

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

36 Hours
A Patch of Blue
Billy Budd
Ride the High Country
Summer Stock
Young Man With a Horn

I had a lot of fun watching 36 Hours, but was very disappointed by Ride The High Country and sold it after watching it. YMMV, of course!

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
I had a lot of fun watching 36 Hours, but was very disappointed by Ride The High Country and sold it after watching it. YMMV, of course!
Was that because of the BD transfer or because of the film’s story? I find RTHC one of the best westerns of the 1960s

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just didn’t care for the film. The transfer itself was of high quality. Unfortunately, as much as I wish it were otherwise, Peckinpah hasn’t been my cup of tea.

Albert71292

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Sims
Warner Archive is currently having a 4 for $49 sale (you will need to enter coupon code ARCHIVE822 at checkout), with additional titles just $12.25.

There are 1,521 titles to choose from (DVD and Blu-ray), and include 42nd Street, A Night at the Opera, A Mighty Wind, A Star is Born (1976), A Streetcar Named Desire, Freebie and the Bean, American Flyers, Bronco Billy, Deathtrap, Fandango, Cabaret, Corvette Summer, Man Who Would Be King, Quick Change, Hudsucker Proxy, etc.

The sale runs from 8/8 thru 8/14/2022.
I just ordered all the "Thin Man" movies, along with "42nd Street", "Golddiggers of 1933", "S.O.B.", "In The Good Old Summertime", and "Looker".

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
The sort function on the https://www.moviezyng.com/warner website is worthless. Try to sort by Newest Products and all you get is a random list.
Sometime in the last month they updated the site and broke a bunch of stuff. The sort by Release Date was functioning fine up to 4-6 weeks ago. Unfortunately this was my most useful filter. Luckily I have a separate spreadsheet to use to find items I want -- by UPC or by name. Functioning more like Amazon every day it seems -- at least teh sort by price, title, and other filters seem to work (even those don't work well on the Multitrillion Dollar website)

For other sites with similar issues including Amazon I often just use Bluray.com database or Deep Discount with a studio/release date in a sidebyside tab.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
For other sites with similar issues including Amazon I often just use Bluray.com database or Deep Discount with a studio/release date in a sidebyside tab.
When I can't find a title on Amazon, I'll go to Best Buy and copy the UPC from there, then paste it into the Amazon search box.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Sure -- or from DD or from bluray.com, but why work that hard to find something on Amazon. As a general rule, Amazon is my last choice to buy almost anything that I can get elsewhere unless the price is drastically better than anywhere else which rarely is the case.

Why does their search function worse than even most barely existing websites? The starting point was a complaint was about MZ site search being poor, but even half broken its still more useful than a 3 trillion dollar company's site. When MZ was working correctly (not that long ago) it was actually pretty good which can't be said of Amazon and since MZ's was actually had a functional filter there is a fairly high probability that it will be fixed.

All this is esp galling considering Amazon is supposedly the OFFICIAL WA Website now. Even if you can actually find the WA Storefront (I had to bookmark it since I can't find a simple way to get there from the actual Amazon front page), then it's virtually impossible to pull up a list of WA releases (not sure it's possible to pull up the entire BD catalog), then like most Amazon pages it's limited to around a dozen titles per page, and has virtually no filtering capability at all. Try to find the lowest priced or newest release or latest price drops? It barely even alphabetizes the list

If you know what you want then it's not so bad to find, but for actually browsing I find it maddeningly awful
Deep Discount I can pull up the entire catalog of WA titles, up to 250 per page, filter by format, filter by release date or price or title. I've heard people complain about B&N search, but for for their spotlight brands/groups I find their search/filtering to be quite good just slow ( Criterion, Arrow, Cohen, British TV, etc) . At least it can do 40 items per page which prevents the nonstop Next Page quality of Amazon -- 300 items shouldn't need 20 pages

Last edited:

TheModFather

Auditioning
Real Name
Blair
The sort function on the https://www.moviezyng.com/warner website is worthless. Try to sort by Newest Products and all you get is a random list.
Thanks for the note pointing out the "newest title" sort issue. I'm manage Movie Zyng. The issue is only affecting the promotional page listing the 1521 titles on sale. That said, it needs to work properly. I am working with our software support team to get that corrected.

TheModFather

Auditioning
Real Name
Blair
Sure -- or from DD or from bluray.com, but why work that hard to find something on Amazon. As a general rule, Amazon is my last choice to buy almost anything that I can get elsewhere unless the price is drastically better than anywhere else which rarely is the case.

Why does their search function worse than even most barely existing websites? The starting point was a complaint was about MZ site search being poor, but even half broken its still more useful than a 3 trillion dollar company's site. When MZ was working correctly (not that long ago) it was actually pretty good which can't be said of Amazon and since MZ's was actually had a functional filter there is a fairly high probability that it will be fixed.

All this is esp galling considering Amazon is supposedly the OFFICIAL WA Website now. Even if you can actually find the WA Storefront (I had to bookmark it since I can't find a simple way to get there from the actual Amazon front page), then it's virtually impossible to pull up a list of WA releases (not sure it's possible to pull up the entire BD catalog), then like most Amazon pages it's limited to around a dozen titles per page, and has virtually no filtering capability at all. Try to find the lowest priced or newest release or latest price drops? It barely even alphabetizes the list

If you know what you want then it's not so bad to find, but for actually browsing I find it maddeningly awful
Deep Discount I can pull up the entire catalog of WA titles, up to 250 per page, filter by format, filter by release date or price or title. I've heard people complain about B&N search, but for for their spotlight brands/groups I find their search/filtering to be quite good just slow ( Criterion, Arrow, Cohen, British TV, etc) . At least it can do 40 items per page which prevents the nonstop Next Page quality of Amazon -- 300 items shouldn't need 20 pages
Thanks for the note, David. I manage Movie Zyng. The sort function problem is only affecting the promotional page listing the 1521 titles on the sale. That said, it needs to work properly. I'm working with the software support team to get it corrected.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the note, David. I manage Movie Zyng. The sort function problem is only affecting the promotional page listing the 1521 titles on the sale. That said, it needs to work properly. I'm working with the software support team to get it corrected.

Reason 62 to use MZ's site to order WAC titles.

@TheModFather (took me a couple looks to catch on to the user name) Welcome to this site Blair. I think I've emailed you a couple times and responded to you at least once over on Bluray.com.

One question that has come up again is possible EU shipments. I know you guys were hoping to have that up by May 1, but apparently it got pushed back. There are quite a few EU folks who are dying to be able to put in orders, but aren't able to without the large extra expense of using a shipping forwarder. Apparently there isn't a current retailer who is willing/able to ship to the EU at any reasonable cost so those folks have multi year backlogs just waiting to jump on a chance to order.

Reason 63 -- I went ahead and placed an order at 1:30Pm. Dispatch notice and tracking number at 3:30pm.

Last edited:

TheModFather

Auditioning
Real Name
Blair
Reason 62 to use MZ's site to order WAC titles.

@TheModFather (took me a couple looks to catch on to the user name) Welcome to this site Blair. I think I've emailed you a couple times and responded to you at least once over on Bluray.com.

One question that has come up again is possible EU shipments. I know you guys were hoping to have that up by May 1, but apparently it got pushed back. There are quite a few EU folks who are dying to be able to put in orders, but aren't able to without the large extra expense of using a shipping forwarder. Apparently there isn't a current retailer who is willing/able to ship to the EU at any reasonable cost so those folks have multi year backlogs just waiting to jump on a chance to order.
Hi David. Thanks for the note. Regarding EU, the delay is due to having to get all the pre-paid VAT collecting in place. This was due to the EU changing their VAT requirements last year. We're testing things this month. I hope to have EU activated by end of September and in time for our next big Archive sale. We don't have one scheduled, but am hopeful we'll get the needed support from WB to do another one. Will keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks