What's new

DeepDiscount 20% off sale Spring 2008 (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'm in no big hurry either.

Just finally placed my order w/ the HTF01 coupon:

* M:I 3 on BD
* DVE HD Basics on BD
* Discovery Atlas: China Revealed on BD
* Mission Cabinet w/ inlaid glass doors

Was originally gonna get the M:I BD box set, but ended up picking up the 2 earlier flicks brand new off eBay for much less. BTW, seems that we don't actually have an HTF referral link/portal for DDD, correct?

Oh, also picked up these from the DVD Planet offer last week:

* Unbreakable on BD
* Men in Black on BD
* Heart: Alive in Seattle on BD

_Man_

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
When I came home last night the Postal Person had left a big plastic box on my step with SIX boxes from DDD in it. Fun!

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Picked up the complete Star Trek DS9 series on this sale. Seems to me, you can't get 'em much cheaper than that ($250). Also picked up No Country for Old Men, Zodiac: DC, and Futurama: The Beast with a Thousand Backs. My wallet hurts...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I never expect to receive anything prior to the estimated arrival dates. Fortunately, DD seems to be clicking on all cylinders for this sale as I've already received 2 of 3 boxes, and we haven't yet reached the start of my estimated delivery dates. ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dopey me was looking at the "track your order" section of their website. I just found that info in my e-mails, too.

Delivered as promised.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Received one larger order yesterday (8 titles) and one larger + 3 smaller orders today. Two of the titles came banged up in a bubble wrap mailer, the rest were in very good condition in boxes.
The most amazing thing is, one of these was only just shipped out Friday!
Still waiting for a last larger order from DVD Planet that was shipped on the 18th (one of the backordered titles just shipped yesterday) along with several smaller orders from DD + some stray backordered titles.
Already working on a list for November...and that one's gonna be brutal. Lots of big ticket stuff coming Q3 & Q4.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor

Trying to do anything other than order stuff on the DDD website is pretty much useless. Trying to figure out how to return stuff is worth your life.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
We are going to be losing Deep Discount as an advertiser at
the end of the month.

The company claims not a single person here was using the
HTF01 coupon code, which is surprising to us as I can see a handful
of posts above indicating otherwise.

In any event, we thank you guys for the support and we wish
Deep Discount the very best in their future endeavors.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don't want to accuse them of lying but I used the htf code
for a last second order that shipper yesterday.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tony,

Appreciate that. I don't want to accuse them of anything either.
I have read the responses here, I can see how many of you have
taken advantage of the HTF01 code despite the fact DD
is claiming otherwise.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I used HTF01 for an order placed on 6/10. Discount applied; order shipped & received with no issues.

Clearly something's wrong with whatever system/software they're using to track their codes. Those things are passed all over the 'net like candy during these 20% off sales. I would guess it was used hundreds of times (at least).

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I heard that! That's percisely why I wanted to go through Paramount directly for scratched DVD replacements from my last DeeDee order.

Btw, I used USATODAY to order. That one works like a charm. ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That is an absolute shame.

I, too, used the HTF01 code when I placed my June 17th order. I was extremely happy to do so figuring it would strengthen the relationship between DD & the HTF.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My first of three DD orders used the HTF01 code, so I'm sorry they said otherwise (and would have used it for the others if I coould have).

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
What is going on with these jokers???

I placed my order last Friday(using the HTF01 code). I picked expedited shipping, and 3 of the 4 titles were in stock.
I still haven't received an e-mail about my order, which for the most part should have either shipped, or arrived.
I tried to log in to check the status, and.....I can't log in with my password(??). After becoming frustrated, I click on the request new password box. I get the new password, and try that......still doesn't work.
Are they takin a piss? Did someone hack the site? Did someone steal my identity? I'm freakin out over hear. help!
I contacted customer service. Hope they can tell me what's going on.

Danny Burk

Second Unit
I used HTF01 for both of my orders, a large first one, and then a couple of additional items a few days later. It was applied both times with no problem. I wondered whether I could use the code twice, since other codes could normally be used only once...their system must not be keeping track of the code, which explains allowing its use a second time as well as their "no one used it" comment. Strange.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I used the HTF01 code too! True i used a few other codes as well, cause i thought you could only use a code once. I think i made 4 orders, and HTF01 was the first one i used.
DD will never replace Amazon for me. I got a scratched Blu-ray, and need to exchange it. I am sure the whole process will take a month. I had to go buy a new mailer to send it back, pay the postage, and hope they send me a new one. As they have no online way to report a defective product. I have only the honor system to hope i get a new disc back.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Wanted to chime in and say I also took advantage of the HTF01 code to place an order. Given Danny's comment about being able to use the code twice, I think his theory about their system not keeping track of the code's use is a good one. A shame they'll end up dropping HTF from their advertising for what is likely just a system glitch on their end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks