What's new

Chappelle' show (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I think that the puppet segment on last weeks episode ranks up there with White Power and Rick James as the some of the best stuff on the show. I especially loved Charlie Murphy's "F*ck It" song. Dude's Night Out and Makin The Band were great too.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu

"I'm Rick James Bitch!"

edit
Up studying late and thought I'd change the pics without posting again. Seeing as how I took a break to see the Rick James episode again for the third (oh who am I kidding, tenth) time!

Very funny episode! I loved the last verse to Charlie Murphy's puppet. I'm hoping this means we're in for a string of strong episodes for the remainder of the season.

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
I love this show also...I saw this episode recently, but I don't know if it's a rerun or not, but I think it was a gameshow for how well you know black people/culture....it had me laughing on the floor..

paraphrasing:

Dave: How can black people improve their situation?

Contestant: Vote?

Dave: (Buzzer) Sorry, wrong answer..

Too funny...

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Dave Chappelle is funny as hell. Difinitely the funniest on tv. Put's In Living Color to shame. I've watched the Rick James skit at least 10 times.

"I'm one of the baddest mothaf#kas of all time, I'm one of the best sangers, I'm one of the prettest mothaf#kas you ever seen......hold my drink bitch"

"I'm Rick James bitch, enjoy yourself"

"So he walks in and I said, look bitch I'm Rick James, and slapped him"

Rick "Gotdamn!!! Why you hit me like dat?"
Charlie "Cus you hit me man!"
Rick "That was weeks ago mothaf#ka I'm partyin!"
Charlie "You hit me tonight man"
Rick "I...I hit you tonight?"

As you can see I've seen it many times. :D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I still don't think that the Rick James skit is that funny, but oh well.

It's all...drugs...to...

...me!

I'm gonna beat my dick like it owes me money!

:D

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
My girlfriend didn't think it was that funny either, but anyone I show it to dies laughing.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
"The milk's gone bad Murphy!"

(I hope I don't seem like a dick, it just drives me crazy to see something quoted wrong.:b )

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
My only problem with the show is that whatever new "line" he uses gets repeated ad nauseum on campus. I work as a night receptionist in my dorm. I am so sick of hearing people say "Yeaaah!" and "WHAT!" and "i'm rick james bitch." No one does it right, and it just gets tired. The show is brilliant. Chappelle's version of Lil' Jon is more recognizable than the real Lil' Jon. Its just too bad that everyone else remembers just the one catch phrase from each episode.

fav Chappele quote:
"THUG LIFE! You think this a game! Arf! Arf! WU-TANG!"

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
According to my Tivo, next Saturday is a Chapelle Show mini-marathon starting at 9pm on CC. It's the entire current season so far and some more eps that have no descriptions.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
am i the only person who didnt know "charlie murphy!" is actually charlie murphy? i remember seeing him on the skit 'the mad real world' so i figured he was just another guy who was on the show every now and then, i had no idea he was actually charlie murphy. but everyone i talk to says 'yeah you didnt know?' so was i the only one?

CJ

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
am i the only person who didnt know "charlie murphy!" is actually charlie murphy? i remember seeing him on the skit 'the mad real world' so i figured he was just another guy who was on the show every now and then, i had no idea he was actually charlie murphy. but everyone i talk to says 'yeah you didnt know?' so was i the only one?
I didn't know until the Rick James episode. I don't think they mentioned him by name before that. But once you know, it's hard to believe you didn't realize it before, since he looks so similar to his brother.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
He's been in many of Eddie's movies. Harlem Nights is one that jumps into my mind first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks