What's new

Chappelle' show (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I heard a while ago that Dave got real sick so they coudlnt film some episodes for the new season to start the new season when they orginally planned too. They wanted to release the DVD on the eve of the new season so when he got sick they held back the release of the season 2 DVD for the start of the new season.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Geez...I hope the pressure hasn't gotten to him. We dont want him ending up like Tyrone Biggums!

This is funny though, because in the NYC subways they already have the posters for the new season up.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Dave Chappelle was never an innocent, though it is easy to think he is because of the air he gives off. He's been quite clear about where he grew up and some of the trappings of the lifestyle he lived. I don't know what's going on with him, but I do always wonder what happens when you take someone with an addictive personality and give him loads of money.

Best wishes, Dave. We're pulling for you.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
The plot thickens. I hope all is well for him and he gets back on track soon.

The Newsweek article certainly whets my appetite to see some of the new characters he's dreamed up.

SarahG

Second Unit
I feel awful for him....he was overwhelmed with the success...it's all just awful...hopefully he makes a speedy recovery...

Shad R

Supporting Actor
One of my favorite skit was the black president. When he knocks over the glass and yells "run" when they start asking questions he won't answer. And something like "besides, we need the oil...eh...llll eheh"

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Unless EW's unnamed source can tell the future, how the hell would he know that?:)

I know that it's only the source's opinion but who's to say what will happen with Chappelle in six months or a year or two years?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I hope this doesn't sound flippant, but I honestly think the mental health facility thing is a prank. If not, I apologize and wish the best to Dave. But it seems a little far-fetched to me.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I hope the show isn't done for good because it's one of the only truly funny shows left on television these days. :frowning:

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Time Magazine has an interview with him in this upcoming week's issue, which hits the stands tomorrow.

Short answers:

(1) He's not in drug rehab or a mental facility
(2) Felt under pressure by hangers on, and shocked at what they'd do to get his $, once he had a ton of it.
(3) Felt dissapointed in self for selling out sketches because it made sure he'd get the $.

Felt as though he needed to pull the plug for a while to "clear his mind" and make sure the product represented him, and not his hanger-ons and the stipulations of the contract.

At least that's what he tells Time in an interview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks