What's new

Chappelle' show (1 Viewer)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Holy SHit tonight's episode was hilarious. I was laughing so hard, I started coughing.

"What did the fingers say to the face? SLAP!!!"

"I'm Rick James Bitch!"

HAHAHAHA So funny. Try to catch a rerun if you missed it.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I still like the moment where they had rappers market products..

"Yeah, bitch, it's got Enymes and shit"
"so if your bum is leakin', you best be seekin'"

I did, however, enjoy the white-people/guitar music sketch as well ;)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Chris I think you're talking about last week's episode. This one was about True Hollywood stories involving Charlie Murphy (Eddie's brother) and Rick James.

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug". Man I couldn't stop laughing.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
That was probably the funniest half hour of Television i've seen in a long time. Definitely the best Chappelle's Show ever.

"They shoulda never gave ya'll niggas no money!"

My office has pretty much adopted "I'm Rick James, bitch" as the de-facto "in your face" type taunt.

"Hey, I heard you had a 150 average production yesterday?"
"You're damn right. Ha haaaa! I'm Rick James, bitch."

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I thought last night's show wasn't really that funny, and was the worst of the season by far. However, this line had me absolutely rolling:

"C'mon, bitches, show me titties, I'm Rick James, do somethin'! Mmm, mmm. I wish I had more hands, so I could give those titties four thumbs down."

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

R

RossTerry

i was skeptical about one episode having one long sketch. but i like that they are willing to try different stuff.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Rick James: "See I never just did things just to do 'em. C'mon, what am I gonna do, just, just all of the sudden just jump up and grind my feet into somebody's couch? Like it's, like it's something to do? C'mon, have a little more sense than that. Yeah, I remember grinding my feet in Eddie's couch, y'know." *rewind* :D

Parris

Stunt Coordinator
What do the five fingers say to the face.........slap!!

Im Rick James bitch!!

Come on it's a celebration :D

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
This sketch has some staying power. I was cruising the usual messageboards today, checking news and stuff, and I saw a minimum of FIVE boards with references to the skit sprinkled in the messages. It's like a catch-phrase-palooza or whatever.

"What do the five fingers say to the face?"
"Fuck yo couch!"
"I'm Rick James, bitch."
"The milk's gone bad!"
"The darkness is spreading!"
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug."
"They shoulda never gave you niggas money!"

I think this skit is going to go down in history with "Van Down by the River" "Fatbusters" and "Mister Robinson's Neighborhood."

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Yep. I still don't get it, but I think I was too distracted while watching it. At least one of my friends has quotes in their away messages, and I heard people yelling in my dorm, "What did the five fingers say to the face? Slap!" and "I'm Rick James, bitch!"

:)

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, my girlfriend was the same way. Like when Charlie kicks Rick in the chest, I was dyin laughing--and she just chuckled a little, but was like "It's not THAT funny, baby." The only part she liked was the "They had a GUNFIGHT after that!"

we watched it again, and she started laughing harder throughout, and just tonight, we saw it again, and she was fallin out right along with me.

I think it helps if you have a passing knowledge of Rick James, too. She was asking "Do you think that really happened?" and I said "It's probably completely made up, I doubt he Matrix kicked him into a mirror..but then again--Rick James WAS crazy. And he was producing Eddie Murphy's debut album. It coulda happened.."

which of course, makes it even funnier to me.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Really strong episode this week, despite the fact that last week's is such a hilarious one to follow. Although it wasn't plentiful with quotes, I enjoyed seeing Tyrone the crackhead and another Charlie Murhpy's True Hollywood Story. Either he's a master storyteller or just lived a crazy-ass life. Seeing Dave Chappelle as Prince was priceless!

Interviewer: "All right, after he beat you in basketball, then what happened?"
Charlie Murphy: "After it was all over... he took us in the house and served us pancakes. *blink, blink* pancakes....."

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I agree: I think that Rick James episode will go down with the greats. The whole thing was classic, from "Unity" and the lazy-eyed bodyguard ("One eye was looking at me, the other was looking at Rick James") to the couch ("Why, Darkness, why?") to the slap. That episode will ALWAYS be funny. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
"Dave Chappelle, come on down, you're the next black comedian to get his own show!"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I liked the Prince True Hollywood Story more than the Rick James one.

Parris

Stunt Coordinator
I was at a club last ight and all of a sudden Super Freak started playing and the DJ said:

Everyone drink up and be merry it's a celebration bitches

than he paused and said cause Im Rick James bitch

About 75% of the people got it and was laughing. I think this will be the catch phrase for 2004

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks