What's new

Shows You’re Sick/Tired Of In Syndication. (1 Viewer)

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
That was kind of my point with this thread. There are lots of shows that have fallen to the status of what you referred to as the" death of the forgotten rerun" while there are series that oldies channels purchase and all seem to run for years on end and in big blocks. It's crazy when there are about 5 or 6 channels all running M*A*SH*, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Friends etc...

Back in the days of early syndication and early cable/satellite, most channels were all independently owned and they programmed their own lineups. Then one by one they all started to be bought up by large corporations where they hired these trendy program directors/focus groups to go after certain audience demographics.
I know what you mean.
Years ago, the USA Network had an afternoon block of failed/short run sitcoms. Shows like TEMPERATURE’S RISING, THE SECOND HUNDRED YEARS, THE GIRL WITH SOMETHING EXTRA and others were aired. I wish I would have fired up my VHS machine and recorded all these.
Also, USA had a 6 pm CARTOON EXPRESS series and aired lots of Terrytoon cartoons and rare Hanna-Barbera shows.
CBN had LOVE THAT BOB, DOBIE GILLIS, SKY KING, WILD BILL HICKOK, RIN-TIN-TIN and more.

Hoagie78

Agent
Real Name
Chris
I know what you mean.
Years ago, the USA Network had an afternoon block of failed/short run sitcoms. Shows like TEMPERATURE’S RISING, THE SECOND HUNDRED YEARS, THE GIRL WITH SOMETHING EXTRA and others were aired. I wish I would have fired up my VHS machine and recorded all these.
Also, USA had a 6 pm CARTOON EXPRESS series and aired lots of Terrytoon cartoons and rare Hanna-Barbera shows.
CBN had LOVE THAT BOB, DOBIE GILLIS, SKY KING, WILD BILL HICKOK, RIN-TIN-TIN and more.
I remember watching those lineups on those networks back then too. If we knew then what we know now, we would have had the VCR running constantly. TBS & USA also produced some original sitcoms and soaps. Those will never see the light of day again unless grainy home video recordings make it to Youtube.

USA & CBN also had some great game show reruns.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Syndication means sales to local stations. Reruns on cable and OTA substations are not syndication. The heading should say "Reruns you're Sick/Tired..."

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
The block style programming is the worst, as others have said. Better to watch an episode and let it sit with you, or move on to something else. It’s strange how little MEtv bothers to change it’s schedule, turning it on now is essentially the same as 4 years ago, same shows, same time slots, though it is nice to have the Beverly Hillbillies added. Remember back when even the syndicated channels would have “new” seasons, bringing back a show that hadn’t been aired for awhile or was new to the market.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Actually though I’m a fan westerns there’s too many channels that show the same shows Insp, MeTV, MeTV+,Grit, Outlaw. Western overload

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
Here is a list of shows that I absolutely hate that still run constantly in syndication.

Becker

Elementary

Frasier

Friends

How I Met Your Mother

Laverne & Shirley

Malcolm in the Middle

M*A*S*H

Modern Family

Seinfeld

The Big Bang Theory

The King of Queens

Two and a Half Men

Will & Grace

Young Sheldon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks