What's new

Zatoichi /Sonatine Double Bill+Infernal Affairs (1 Viewer)

Andy_Munich

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
My user ID is a clever riddle!
I just saw both of these releases at my local Best Buy, but have not been able to find any real reviews online.

I'm particularly excited about the Double Bill since I liked Zatoichi so much and have been waiting for Sonatine to hit R1 for ages.

Anyone have these? Any comments on quality?

Thanks ;)

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator
zatoichi looks great, Sonatine looks decent (could be my setup :frowning: ),
I was VERY impressed w? Zatoichi as a film, not su much W/ Sonatine (it was good, just not my cup of tea)-this release is significantly cheaper at Wal-Mart BTW (at least around here)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I am by no means expert in discussing the image quality of a DVD, but we watched Infernal Affairs (R1) last night, and the image quality was superb (projected onto a 100-inch screen).

And, of course, it's a great film. :D

JohnAP

Second Unit
I recently viewed both the Zatoichi disc and Infernal affairs. Both were of good quality as well as being great films. I particularly enjoyed Infernal Affairs and thought it a shame that the theatrical release it was supposed to have never really expanded to more than a few theaters.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Is the Infernal Affairs release uncut? Anyone know how it stacks up with the HK release?

--Ian

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Angelo, the transfer on Infernal Affairs wasn't bad (better than Hero), but it could have been as good as Zatoichi. Infernal Affairs is a great movie.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
David:

I agree that IA was a terrific film. Like I wrote in my review of it in another thread, I could watch Tony Leung in just about anything, so I'm probably not as objective about it as I could be.

Can't comment on the transfer. In my old age, I'm concentrating too hard on the plot. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks