What's new

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (3 Viewers)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...ad-read-guidelines-post-3.355034/post-5119998

1662564524952.png

anyone know if this is still looking towards a late 2022 release? The Diamond Wizard has a release date of 11/15/22 so hopefully this isn't far behind, "The Golden Age"

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Hey I'm good with spring or summer of 2023 I mean how long has this one been sitting and nobody wanted to do any movement on it Shout factory for years; and finally it gets to 3D Film Archive and Kino, and an announcement is made, so if it takes a little longer, then it takes that long to get it right, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Is Bwana Devil 3D still coming out? I don't see it listed on your Post#2 in the main thread - either in the announced dates, or the coming soon section?

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
A shout-out to excellent customer service:
My 4K of For a Few Dollars More froze at the 38' mark and resumed playback about 20 seconds later. I carefully examined and wiped the disc in case there were smudges (there weren't any). It still froze.
I contacted Kino. The reply was prompt. A suggestion to try playing the disc on another player and to make sure the firmware was up to date. Since I only have one 4K player, I made sure that the firmware was up to date. The disc still froze at the exact place and resumed playback at the same spot.
I updated Kino with my results and a replacement disc was mailed to me the same day. I didn't even have to return the defective disc.
That's excellent customer service! Kudos all around!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Longing for the day when I see Kino announce "Mysteries, Vol XI", "Island Adventures, Volume XI", "Roy Rogers and/or B-Westerns, Vol XI", and "Domestic Comedies/Musicals, Vol XI".

Surely all those film genres are as popular as Noir, right? :D

Gary "of course I know that's only a pipe-dream, but I'd love to see the day when an 11th volume of any of those genres was announced" O.

ArnoldLayne

Premium
Real Name
Chris
Just saw this announced for release 10/25/22 - thrilled about it!
“Remastered in HD by Paramount Pictures – From a 6K Scan of the 35mm VistaVision Original Camera Negative
-NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian and Writer Julie Kirgo”
Just wonder why not UHD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks