What's new

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (3 Viewers)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
KL released the Dollars Trilogy in 4K, Vera Cruz and The Horse Soldiers on Bluray and The Great Escape in 4K :D All UA movies. But where is ......The Magnificent Seven in 4K UHD ?? :confused:
aaaa The Magnificent Seven (1960) - Poster.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I saw Hell Is For Heroes only last week (recorded from TV), I thought it was a very good little war film, with a great cast. There's another early Steve McQueen b/w war film, The War Lover (1962) Sony, hopefully it won't be too long before that's released as well.
I have The War Lover on DVD. I'm surprised that Sony have not yet produced a high definition master of this very interesting Steve McQueen movie. I'm sure that back in the day Twilight Time would have loved to release it on Blu-ray disc. Robert Wagner and Shirley Ann Field co-star.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
At the outset of KL's deal(s) with Universal, here are the (presumably) Universal-owned titles I wanted KL to unearth. The following list is chronological; movies KL has delivered are bolded; most of the non-bolded titles are said to be tied up in rights entanglements:

Murder by the Clock ('31)
Terror Aboard ('33)
Menace ('34)
The Double Door ('34)
The Mad Doctor ('40)
Among the Living (41)
Man in Half Moon Street ('45)
Spy Hunt ('50)
The Glass Web (3D)('53) (big music-rights issue)
Girl in the Kremlin ('57)
The Night Runner ('57)

Not bad, KL.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
nice to see Kino and Raro release more Fernando Di Leo, but i would have thought that they would have just did the third Italian Crime collection box and finished the films he directed

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Glad to see THE COUNTERFEIT TRAITOR to Blu-ray. The old DVD had a 5.1 soundtrack, although the movie was originally released in mono. Paramount found the stereo music stems and made a new mix incorporating the stereo music. Being one of Alfred Newman's last scores, I would hope this option would be incorporated in the upcoming Blu-Ray.

What ticked my memory was wanting to see HUD, but I don't think it has made it to a domestic release yet, so I went searching for it on E-bay and found it as an Australian 2019 Blu--ray release from SHOCK ENTERTAINMENT for $15.00. It has a great 5.1 sound done tastefully. It has all the proper copyright information, and looks and sounds wonderful, so I doubt it is a bootleg. Although it says Region B, it is Region Free and also had free shipping. It took about a week to get to me.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I am also looking forward to the already announced Never Say Die and Sorrowful Jones as well.
Were they announced? I guess I missed it. I asked Kino on FB about Sorrowful Jones and didn't get an answer. I like Fancy Pants but like Sorrowful Jones even better one of Hope's best. Would like to see Casanova's Big Night too.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Were they announced? I guess I missed it. I asked Kino on FB about Sorrowful Jones and didn't get an answer. I like Fancy Pants but like Sorrowful Jones even better one of Hope's best. Would like to see Casanova's Big Night too.
Yes, both Sorrowful Jones and Never Say Die were announced on the Kino Announcement thread, but no release dates yet.

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
Kino has been on a post 50s roll lately with a focus on films of the last 30 - 40 years. What are the chances they’ll release some of the mia titles of the 50s under their Paramount deal?
Just saw this announced for release 10/25/22 - thrilled about it!
“Remastered in HD by Paramount Pictures – From a 6K Scan of the 35mm VistaVision Original Camera Negative
-NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian and Writer Julie Kirgo”

Attachments

• B460B3F8-D799-45F3-AE80-C4039C6DBF50.jpeg
    B460B3F8-D799-45F3-AE80-C4039C6DBF50.jpeg
    509.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks