What's new

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (2 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
SHOCKTOBER Sale is LIVE NOW! (Over 850 Titles)
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/shocktober-sale-2022

• Free USA Shipping: Orders of $50 or More!
SALE Ends: Monday, October 17th!

Shocktober.jpg

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My cart already holds films totaling over $300. Damn!
Slacker ;)!

I had over $500.00 which I grudgingly whittled down to $333.17:

[Blu-ray] The Adventures of Prince Achmed $13.99
[Blu-ray] Apples $7.99
[Blu-ray] Blue Panther aka Marie-Chantal vs. Doctor Kha $9.99
[Blu-ray] Breathe In $9.99
[Blu-ray] Breaking In $9.99
[Blu-ray] Bordertown Season 2 $11.99
[Blu-ray] Bordertown Season 3 $11.99
[Blu-ray] Busting (Special Edition) $7.99
[Blu-ray] Checkered Flag or Crash $7.99
[Blu-ray] Come What May $8.99
[Blu-ray] Confession of a Child of the Century $8.99
[Blu-ray] Conquest $5.99
[Blu-ray] Diary of a Chambermaid $8.99
[Blu-ray] Fiddler's Journey to the Big Screen $11.99
[Blu-ray] Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema VIII [Street of Chance / Enter Arsene Lupin / Temptation] $24.99
[Blu-ray] Firepower $7.99
[Blu-ray] The French Conspiracy aka L'Attentat / The Assassination / Plot $7.99
[Blu-ray] A Full Day's Work aka Une journee bien remplie $7.99
[Blu-ray] Halfaouine $7.99
[Blu-ray] A Hard Day $8.99
[Blu-ray] The Land Unknown $8.49
[Blu-ray] The Long Goodbye (Special Edition) $9.99
[Blu-ray] Maria Montez & Jon Hall Collection [White Savage / Gypsy Wildcat / Sudan] $24.99
[Blu-ray] Monsieur Beaucaire $7.99
[Blu-ray] Momma's Man $7.99
[Blu-ray] The Naked Ape $7.99
[Blu-ray] The People Next Door $7.99
[Blu-ray] The Return (dir. Andrei Zvyagintsev) $8.99
[Blu-ray] Russian Ark $9.99
[Blu-ray] Sensation Seekers/A Chapter in her Life $8.99
[Blu-ray] Symphony for a Massacre $9.99
[Blu-ray] Port of Freedom $8.99
[Blu-ray] Charlie Chan and the Curse of the Dragon Queen (1981) $7.99

Sub-Total $333.17

There are a lot of great deals - if I didn't already have them!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
that's a good thing!!!
only to be filled with more after next few announcements, come on its a unending merry go round, by the way does anyone know if Kino has another StudioCanal deal, looks as if StudioCanal is releasing a Dirk Bogarde Noir in the UK, would be nice to see it on this side of the pond.

by the way I squeaked by with less than $135.00, between Wishlist and sale

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1664309552504.png

Kudos to Kino for releasing "The Turning Point" (1952). I thought the video presentation was very good with a grade of 4.5 out of 5. Also, Alan K. Rode provided another excellent audio commentary that was informative as well as an enjoyable listen.

1664309713109.png

The video presentation of "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers" was good, but not as detailed and pristine as "The Turning Point". However, I still give it a grade of 3.75 out of 5. Again, another excellent Alan K. Rode audio commentary.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Oy! Still trying to widdle my shopping cart back down to a reasonably budget-conscious level for this latest sale... after blowing it up to well over 50 titles and well over $500 total (and that certainly doesn't include my entire actual, evolving/growing wish list), LOL... :eek::blush::lol:

Still seems a bit higher than when I first began (from just the sale items in my prior "wish list" alone), but probably won't get lower than ~30 titles and ~$300 total for the order I want to place w/in the next hour or so... :lol:

_Man_

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Oy! Still trying to widdle my shopping cart back down to a reasonably budget-conscious level for this latest sale... after blowing it up to well over 50 titles and well over $500 total (and that certainly doesn't include my entire actual, evolving/growing wish list), LOL... :eek::blush::lol:

Still seems a bit higher than when I first began (from just the sale items in my prior "wish list" alone), but probably won't get lower than ~30 titles and ~$300 total for the order I want to place w/in the next hour or so... :lol:

_Man_
I feel your pain!! Just divide them into smaller shipments rather than all at once...less stress and pain in the pocket book!!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I feel your pain!! Just divide them into smaller shipments rather than all at once...less stress and pain in the pocket book!!

GAhhh!!! I ended up taking a detour, veering the wrong/opposite direction a bit again and just finally settled on a large order of 41 titles that cost ~$400 total (after tax), LOL. :eek::blush: Whatever happened to my resolve/restraint on managing my disc collecting (and opting increasingly more for digitals/streaming instead), especially w/ storage/shelf space becoming so scarce (and expensive, especially here in NYC metro :P)??? :oops::(:blush::rolleyes:

Ah well, at least I'm not also trying to place a (very) sizeable, UK import order on some Powerhouse/Indicator sale like earlier back around spring of this year... plus I was a "very good, little boy" for not actually spending any during the last B&N Criterion nor MovieZyng WAC sale (nor much on any other sales the last several months, including iTunes digitals)... though that was probably more inadvertent than actual, deliberate discipline/restraint, LOL. Good thing we also haven't gotten another Target B2G1 sale in quite some time, LOL!

Ssshhhhh, no you never mind suggesting to me that seems like just good ole rationalization... Thbbffft!!! And please just don't remind me the annual BF month (not day/weekend nor week) is coming around very soon yet again, LOL... ;):lol::D

_Man_

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
GAhhh!!! I ended up taking a detour, veering the wrong/opposite direction a bit again and just finally settled on a large order of 41 titles that cost ~$400 total (after tax), LOL. :eek::blush: Whatever happened to my resolve/restraint on managing my disc collecting (and opting increasingly more for digitals/streaming instead), especially w/ storage/shelf space becoming so scarce (and expensive, especially here in NYC metro :P)??? :oops::(:blush::rolleyes:

Ah well, at least I'm not also trying to place a (very) sizeable, UK import order on some Powerhouse/Indicator sale like earlier back around spring of this year... plus I was a "very good, little boy" for not actually spending any during the last B&N Criterion nor MovieZyng WAC sale (nor much on any other sales the last several months, including iTunes digitals)... though that was probably more inadvertent than actual, deliberate discipline/restraint, LOL. Good thing we also haven't gotten another Target B2G1 sale in quite some time, LOL!

Ssshhhhh, no you never mind suggesting to me that seems like just good ole rationalization... Thbbffft!!! And please just don't remind me the annual BF month (not day/weekend nor week) is coming around very soon yet again, LOL... ;):lol::D

_Man_
So...you must be single, because unless you have the worlds most undrstanding wife or hit the jackpot and have a wife that is as much of a film fan as you are...
If not, congradulations on hitting the numbers on Super Lotto!! :dance:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
So...you must be single, because unless you have the worlds most undrstanding wife or hit the jackpot and have a wife that is as much of a film fan as you are...
If not, congradulations on hitting the numbers on Super Lotto!! :dance:

Don't even(!!!)... (right, @JohnRice??? :oops::rolleyes:), LOL!!! :eek::blush:<_<:huh::oops::rolleyes::P:laugh::laugh::laugh:

A dirty, little secret to feed the habit--- I use Paypal Credit with Kino. Purchases over $100 are interest free if paid in six months. But I'm sure this is no secret to the truly addicted.

FWIW, I used my Discover Card via PayPal instead, which has a 5% bonus cashback offer for using PayPal -- partly why I needed to make the order asap today because today's the last day for the offer... otherwise, I'd normally take much more time mulling over trying to widdle down my order, LOL. :lol:

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks