What's new

Your new BD titles requests from Twilight Time (1 Viewer)

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Oh, I would love The Paper Chase too.
There is already a good looking HD master.
(and it has a John Williams score).

Also, still waiting for the Age Of Innocence and hopefully an epic/historical/adventure 50s film.

I kind of think Sony will release The Age of Innocence themselves next year for its 25th, and include a UHD release.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Shout Factory/Timeless Media has the home entertainment rights to this. It is available on DVD through them.
That I know as I have the Timeless version DVD. I was sorely disappointed at the overall quality and actually conveyed my disappointment to Timeless Media.
Somebody in the Blu-ray boutique world please step up and get us a quality Blu presentation of this film.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
215px-Murphys_romance.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Shampoo by Hal Ashby (Great Warren Beatty performance)
Paper Moon by Peter Bogdanovich
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid by Sam Peckinpah

TT doesn't do Paramount, so PAPER MOON is out from them. They also don't (so far) license from Warner Bros, which has the rights to PAT GARRETT. SHAMPOO is a possibility, however.

Reactions: PMF

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Just wish they'd give titles like THE STORY OF RUTH, FRANCIS OF ASSISI, BOY ON A DOLPHIN or PRINCE OF PLAYERS a chance. Obviously Fox won't unless there's a remake in the wind.
No remake on the horizon but clips from THE STORY OF RUTH are used in the new film THE SHAPE OF WATER. RUTH and MARDI GRAS are the films playing in the movie theater above which the characters played by Sally Hawkins and Richard Jenkins live.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
A film I have been thinking of lately is the Blake Edwards film THAT'S LIFE with Jack Lemmon and Julie Andrews. Distributed by Columbia, it has only been released on home video in pan and scan (although shown on cable in widescreen). I find it to be sort of a more mature companion piece to S.O.B. And I like the fact that many actual family members of the Edwards/Andrews clan and Lemmon family participated.

thats life.jpg

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
A film I have been thinking of lately is the Blake Edwards film THAT'S LIFE with Jack Lemmon and Julie Andrews. Distributed by Columbia, it has only been released on home video in pan and scan (although shown on cable in widescreen). I find it to be sort of a more mature companion piece to S.O.B. And I like the fact that many actual family members of the Edwards/Andrews clan and Lemmon family participated.

View attachment 42098

I absolutely second this request. Delightful, sweet little film.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
That's Life! may be with Lionsgate. I don't think Columbia/TriStar Home Video ever had rights to it. The film was independently produced and released by Columbia Pictures.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I was sure that Murphy's Romance was out, but I guess not. I second the request.

I hope they release The Trouble With Angels one of these days. The old DVD was pan & scan and I believe Sony has done a fresh transfer of this in recent years, so it should be a nice upgrade for one of my favorite movies from the 1960's.

wesaussie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Anderson
I'm still after the other Pat Boone titles Bernadine,Mardi Gras and All Hands On Deck and I'd Like to see proper versions of King Of The Khyber Rifles, Untamed, The Tall Men, Soldier Of Fortune, The Proud Ones, The Racers. The Big Show, Story Of Ruth, Francis Of Assisi, and any other early fox cinemascope titles not previously released on blu ray. As special features I'd like some of the Movietone cinemascope shorts of the 50's and 60's be included.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Well, we know Fox doesn't have a ready-made widescreen transfer of Bernardine yet. When TCM premiered it a few weeks ago, they used Fox's ancient pan and scan transfer. Since TCM prides itself on presenting films in their best possible light when available, obviously this film has no proper HD transfer yet. And I reviewed the Fox Archive release of Mardi Gras a year or two ago, and it, too, was the horrible old P&S transfer.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I'm still after the other Pat Boone titles Bernadine,Mardi Gras and All Hands On Deck and I'd Like to see proper versions of King Of The Khyber Rifles, Untamed, The Tall Men, Soldier Of Fortune, The Proud Ones, The Racers. The Big Show, Story Of Ruth, Francis Of Assisi, and any other early fox cinemascope titles not previously released on blu ray. As special features I'd like some of the Movietone cinemascope shorts of the 50's and 60's be included.

I'm all in for just about every title you mentioned!

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD

The good news is that Fox is dedicated to remastering their classic titles to 4k.

Last edited:

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Continuing to hope for the Blu-Ray release of ALL the Oscar winners for Best Picture. After that, we'll move along to All the Best Picture Nominees ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks