Your current GAS list? (2 Viewers)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
@ManW_TheUncool

I'm not convinced the Zflex isn't a scam. Oh the product is real all right there are a dozen chinese companies selling it. This one has yet to ship tho. If I don't get it soon I'm having AMEX reverse the charges.

Disputed with AMEX, they returned my funds. Will see if the vendor replies.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Glad to hear Amex is taking care of you on this.

I generally prefer to use Amex myself for any transactions (especially anything significant) that carry some extra risk... and they have never let me down. Used to do all my eBay purchases that way... though I have switched to my other CCs more recently (at least for smaller purchases or from particularly reputable sellers).

Also usually used PayPal on top if possible, but never really trusted their system to settle issues. The only one (and recent) time I deferred to PayPal to settle a case (for something small similar to your transaction) they failed me pretty badly, so I won't be doing that again.

_Man_

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Bummer. I was looking forward to hearing your comments, Sam.

I told your story to a friend who ordered a camping chair (advertised through similar means). He was half-expecting to end up canceling his payment too! :D

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Oooh my Lumin8 showed up! More to follow with funky LCD fun!

E5704F5A-FC55-4609-9F9D-DEAFEA5B59B8.jpeg

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've been using the Canon R6 and am pretty happy with it. It keeps up with my two kids, which is the main torture test these days. Eye AF is a godsend.

I do want to get a macro lens though and not sure if I want to get the 100mm f/2.8 macro (either version), the new RF 85mm f/2 macro, or go truly dedicated macro lens with the Canon 180mm f/3.5. I'm sorta leaning to the latter at this point, but my main concern is it being overkill for my uses. So maybe one of the 100mms would be preferable as a middle ground.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I've been using the Canon R6 and am pretty happy with it. It keeps up with my two kids, which is the main torture test these days. Eye AF is a godsend.

I do want to get a macro lens though and not sure if I want to get the 100mm f/2.8 macro (either version), the new RF 85mm f/2 macro, or go truly dedicated macro lens with the Canon 180mm f/3.5. I'm sorta leaning to the latter at this point, but my main concern is it being overkill for my uses. So maybe one of the 100mms would be preferable as a middle ground.
If you are not going to use the macro lens too much, you may want to consider the Sigma 105mm f/2.8. It's pretty affordable and works well. I went in that direction.

I think my long term plan will be to sell my 7D2 and add a Canon R5 to my current EOS R. I use the 7D2 almost exclusively for wildlife, and the added resolution of the R5 over the R6 would help for cropping. I would probably sell my EF 100-400 L II and get a RF 100-500 L at some point, too. Right now, though, I am not shooting enough to justify spending much money.

I would be interested in hearing more of your impressions on the R6, Cameron.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Macro is just fun. I love shooting macro and I actually forget how many I have, because a variety of focal lengths are a lot of fun with macro. I do know they range from 14mm (!) to 180mm.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I would be interested in hearing more of your impressions on the R6, Cameron.

I used a 7Dm2 since its release, then used a Sony a7m3 alongside it for the last couple years. I found myself gravitating more to the Sony for the AF system, namely the Eye AF for people photos, which is the bulk of what I shoot.

But maintaining two separate camera systems got to be a little too much juggling for my taste, so the attraction of the R6 was ultimately the idea of getting what I enjoyed about the Sony mirrorless system in the Canon system I'm ultimately most comfortable with (ergonomics, menu, etc.).

So along those lines I've been pretty happy that the merging of the two has been what I hoped it would be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks