1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Your current GAS list?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Patrick Sun, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

It would be 448mm, to be exact (so yes, 450mm is darn close ;)).

Since you do not currently have the lens, the m2 version is definitely the way to go. The original is a darn fine lens, though, and I felt no desire to spend the money to upgrade when the new version came out -- unlike with the 100-400L, where I did upgrade.

Cameron Yee likes this.
  2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    After watching this preview, I'm kind of tempted by the M6 as a travel camera.

3. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I have the M50, and love it for those times where I want to travel light -- or to take a 2nd body to avoid lens changes but don't want to carry two full sized DSLRs. I would suggest getting native EF-M lenses instead of using the adapter and your EF lenses, though. If you want to travel light, buying a small body and then attaching big lenses really defeats the purpose. I do own the adapter, but rarely use it.

My entire M50 kit fits in a pretty small shoulder bag. It includes the body, 22mm f/2, 11-22mm, 15-45mm and 55-200mm EF-M lenses, along with a 270EX external flash, Spyder Black Widow holster, charger, spare batteries and SD cards. I preferred the slightly larger M50 over the original M6 because the M50 has a built-in viewfinder -- the M6's are slightly smaller, but the viewfinder is an extra that attaches to the hot shoe. I also own the original EOS M, which I bought on closeout, and one of the things that I disliked was no viewfinder when shooting outdoors.

Here's a shot I took recently in Iceland with the M50 and EF-M 15-45mm lens:

[​IMG]

Patrick Sun likes this.