What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

You Know You’re Getting Old When... (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Bumping this up-- that is something that deserved the network/cable news coverage staying on it (9/11 did too, because both were tragedies); these days, networks and cable channels will stay on anything they think deserves it, even when it really doesn't (like Anna Nicole Smith, Jon-Benet Ramsey, Tiger Woods, and even this Alec Baldwin gun incident).
I would imagine Gabby got saturation coverage too (I don’t watch news channels, but I read and followed some of the stories on the one internet news site I frequent).

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Bumping this up-- that is something that deserved the network/cable news coverage staying on it (9/11 did too, because both were tragedies); these days, networks and cable channels will stay on anything they think deserves it, even when it really doesn't (like Anna Nicole Smith, Jon-Benet Ramsey, Tiger Woods, and even this Alec Baldwin gun incident).

The strangest cases of this back in the day, were the "breaking news" live broadcasts of high speed police chases on the interstate highways, at the expense of any other news for several hours.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I vote for the OJ Simpson slow speed chase knocking the nba playoff game off the air in L.A. I was in a sports bar for the game and they had a direct satellite feed, so I was one of the few who got to watch both.

That's great that you were so lucky! A lot of others would have had to see the chase in lieu of the game.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I vote for the OJ Simpson slow speed chase knocking the nba playoff game off the air in L.A. I was in a sports bar for the game and they had a direct satellite feed, so I was one of the few who got to watch both.
They should have combined video of the chase with audio of the game. :lol::lol:

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
11%202%2021%20brought.jpg

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
When someone offers you their seat on the bus.

When stores ask you for ID so they can give you the senior's discount you didn't ask for.

When you complain about modern music. However, your complaint is that it isn't original or gritty enough! We had REAL MUSICIANS with REAL STACKS of guitar amps on stage, dammit! :D

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
When you complain about modern music. However, your complaint is that it isn't original or gritty enough! We had REAL MUSICIANS with REAL STACKS of guitar amps on stage, dammit! :D

... and smashing up all the guitars and drums at the end of the concert !!!

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
When a female within a fifty-mile radius of Hollywood holds a door open for me, without having to look at my chest first, to see if she has to or not.

A couple of decades ago I was entering an upscale restaurant/bar alone.
There was a girl holding open the entrance door for a party of ten or more, which she was a part of.

They were about a foot apart, and I was two-three feet from the last person entering.

As the line ended, she looked back at me (though I'm sure she saw me before that), visibly dropped her head to that area, turned her head away, then let go of the door, and entered the building!
As an aside, my hair length and facial features would not prompt her to have to look down for conformation.

Quite a lot of people in that fifty mile radius have the 'open the door for yourself/let it almost slam behind them, without visibly pushing it shut behind them' down to a science, w/o ever checking gender first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks