What's new

You Know You’re Getting Old When... (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Die Hard is *not* a "Christmas Movie." It just happens to take place at Christmas and thus has some of the trappings on display. And, IMHO, it's highly over rated as a "Christmas movie" or otherwise.

It's a Wonderful Life is also *not* a "Christmas movie."

You kids get off my lawn!!!

I agree with this. People seem to forget that It's a Wonderful Life is a pretty dark movie until the very end.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
When you think that John Glenn was the second U.S. astronaut off the pad when in fact it was Gus Grissom.

(Watching the Right Stuff television series and had to do a double take when the order of the first three into space was decided. I would've sworn that Glenn was second, but maybe that was partly due to the rivalry between Glenn and Shepard as depicted in the series.)

- Walter.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Die Hard may be a 'Christmas Movie' to some, just for the fact that it takes place during the Christmas season (I like the movie and watch it often) it's just not a 'Christmas-y Movie' in the traditional sense to the rest of us.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
You know you're getting old when you're listening to a song with your favorite middle-eight's blaring guitar or sax solo in the car, yet you stop the engine (and sound) before it finishes, to go do a trivial everyday errand.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Die Hard may be a 'Christmas Movie' to some, just for the fact that it takes place during the Christmas season (I like the movie and watch it often) it's just not a 'Christmas-y Movie' in the traditional sense to the rest of us.
Well, I think that's kind of the point. To some people, the fact that it takes place on Christmas (and the people in the office building were having a Christmas party, and the movie opens with a Christmas song) makes it a Christmas movie. To others, it doesn't. Neither viewpoint is "right" nor "wrong".

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
When you have to ask who Zac Efron is…
I'll do you one better. I had to look him up... and I *still* don't know who he is. Can't say I've ever seen or heard of him before.

**EDIT**
OK... I looked at his IMDB credentials - I've seen Neighbors (2014), a completely forgettable film, and I've watched Firefly a dozen or more times but couldn't ever have told you he played a young "Simon Tam" in 2 episodes.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Along this line is when there’s a star studded musical event on TV and the announcer announces the names, “Beyoncé, __________, ____________, ___________, _____________, Paul McCartney, _________, etc.” I look over at my wife and say “I am so not with it.”

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Along this line is when there’s a star studded musical event on TV and the announcer announces the names, “Beyoncé, __________, ____________, ___________, _____________, Paul McCartney, _________, etc.” I look over at my wife and say “I am so not with it.”
Me either... and I'm OK with that...

(for the record, I only know of Beyoncé by the name. Couldn't tell you a single thing she's done other than sing some songs I've never heard and couldn't pick her out of a lineup unless everyone else was a different color and/or sex).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks