What's new

Yesterday's DVD Shopping Trip Broke My Wallet! (1 Viewer)

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
"Jim,
Relax man,"
You're right! I'm a nervous wreck :)
", if you don't like it just don't read it."
My point is that this board crashes often due to high traffic.
"BTW, Mancow sucks, Howards Stern RULES!!!!!"
I do hope you are joking. Stern isn't even a has-been. He's a never-was. Stern, the guy who is so obsessed with T&A, he can actually make it (and himself) boring :frowning:

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
I just got home from a Saturday trip. Went to Wal-Mart for water softener salt. They were out of pellets. NO PELLETS = NO SALE. Thought about buying a couple of cans of spray starch, but wasn't willing to stand in line for just those when I had one can left at home. I went to Target and checked out the soundtrack cd for "Fellowship of the Ring," but left it since my birthday is soon. Then at B. Dalton's, I thumbed through movie tie-in books of the Rings trilogy, but since I have thirty-five year old Ballantine paperbacks at home (but in a different part of the house from the starch), I left empty handed. The pool supply store was closed, so I was unable to replace the bag for my pool vac, but did get a tankfull of gas at Cheaper for the now low price of $117.9 per gallon. (14.4 gallons, if you were wondering).

Michael Boyd

Second Unit
Hey this week didnt break me at all and I think I ended up with 10 discs!
Received Rebecca and Haxan from Amazon. They made an error by not giving me my coupon or share the love discounts. I phoned to complain (second time this month) so they credited my account over the phone. Looking at my MC account online, I noticed a nice little mistake was made in my favor. And thats all im going to say about that . . . ;)
Blockbuster had their PVD DVDs still $2 off. I got Shrek for 12.99, Frenzy for 14.99 (couldnt believe they had this, didnt ever look watched) and Laughter On The 23rd Floor for 7.99. (that one was very disapointing after seeing the play. I'd heard many great things of this Showtime adaption, but I thought it was terrible. Not only that it was full frame, and I know it was shown this way on TV, but it was probably shot 1.85 originally. It looked a little cramped.)
Finally yesterday I picked up West Side Story and Mad Mad MAd Mad World at Frys for 8.99 each and a Orson Welles 3 pack of Laserlight DVDs for 11.71 at Costco. That consisted of Mr. Arakadin, The Stranger + doc, and The Trial. Curious to see how these will look.
All in all a big week. And I think I've decided no more big A list Hollywood flicks anymore. Blockbuster gets them PVD so quick and relatively cheap. I think I'll try and pick up POTA this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks