What's new
World Wide Stereo

Yamaha YHT-390BL Question (1 Viewer)

jimgreco

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Hey guys, I just bought the Yamaha YHT-390BL surround sound system yesterday and I just have a question about it. Best Buys website only lists it supporting DTS and Dolby Pro Logic II, however some websites says it supports "Dolby Digital / Dolby Pro Logic II" and DTS. To my understanding Pro Logic II will only upconvert a stereo source to 5.1, where as Dolby Digital is a native 5.1 sound. Does that mean it supports standard Dolby Digital or not? Sorry if it's a stupid question, it just got me confused. Thanks

jimgreco

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Thanks, I'm just hoping it can play my dvd's and blu-rays in 5.1 dolby digital. I found the yamaha website however it doesnt say anywhere that it supports Dolby Digital at all.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I have the link to it, at the Yamaha site, in my post above. See "YHT-390", underlined, in my post? That's the link. On that page it says:
So, yes it does say it plays Dolby Digital. It also has the Dolby Digital logo, so that is also saying it plays it. As far as I know, all A/V receivers, made in the last few years (since Pro Logic was all there was), play Dolby Digital.

If your Blu ray player has the 5.1 analog outputs, you may be able to listen to the HD audio tracks on Blu ray movies, since this receiver has the 5.1 analog inputs.

jimgreco

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Oh wow, I literally feel retarded now, lol...Thank you! That answers a lot of questions :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks